Hello!

merb101

Hey, I am brand new to the site. I'm a game reviewer and journalist in Parkersburg, WV, and am just getting into painting miniatures, so I was excited when I first saw images and some articles about this game. Hoping to learn more, maybe write a few articles of my own.

I'm also hoping to find some tips on painting minis. I don't have a lot of time and am just starting out, so anything that makes the process more accessible for a casual painter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ME

Hi and welcome! Happy to hear we grabbed your attention and we would love to hear your thoughts on the game once it's officially released. I think we've put together a solid game here :)

This is a great place also if you're just getting into painting minis, as there is a lot of talent around here and a lot of people more than willing to give ideas and feedback to help you along in the process.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Eric

Hey Merb, Welcome to the madness!

Some tips from a hack beginer(me) get a set of GW washes. They save tons of time and create some pretty nice looks on all sorts of textures. You can always post WIP shots in the Miniature Showcase and ask for help. There are some really ace painters here that would prob. drop you a tip or two. 'Wyrdos' are really nice, so enjoy!

One thing I mentioned in another thread, I managed to pick up two Rackham starter paint sets for cheap at Origins this year, so I am mainly playing with the colors and brushes with those sets. I have been reading about the dip method and was wanting to try that out, but this isn't the first time someone has recommended the GW washes to me, so I will have to check those out as well.

ME