Aberrant - Warlands for sale

yhst-77590103967523_2060_97800

yhst-77590103967523_2060_3427414

In the future the only way to get gasoline is with a gun

No one can seem to remember exactly how it started or indeed how it ended. But it did…

Now decades after the last war, mankind fights for survival on the battlefields of a post-apocalyptic earth. Warlands pits the last human survivors against each other and the unnatural horrors that breed in the wastelands and dead cities. Strap yourself in for high octane action - from small-scale skirmishes to epic battles, the Warlands sing with the screams of the dying and the roar of machines…

Full Throttle Vehicular Combat!

Warlands is a turbo-charged miniature game of cinematic combat set in the ruins of a post-apocalyptic earth. Where the last remnants of man battle for supremacy and resources against mutants, the dead and each other! Where warriors of the wastelands want but one thing, the black gold, the guzzoline!

This battle box contains everything you need to begin your fight for dominion over the Warlands:

1x Weasel Scout Buggy with Spud Autogun and crew

1x Weasel Scout Buggy with Rocket Launcher and crew

1x Utility Truck

1x Additional Autogunner

Vehicle Accessories (Baggage, plating)

Rulebook and Dice

All models are resin with metal accessories and are 20mm scale.

$34.99

yhst-77590103967523_2060_99884

yhst-77590103967523_2060_3693921

This battle box contains everything you need to begin your fight for dominion over the Warlands:

1x Utility Truck

1x Additional Autogunner

Rulebook and Dice

Plus 2 Rattler Gun Trucks with Stats

$64.99

yhst-77590103967523_2060_98573

yhst-77590103967523_2060_3493046

1x Utility Truck

1x Additional Autogunner

Rulebook and Dice

Plus 1 Rattler Gun Truck with Stats

$49.99

yhst-77590103967523_2060_96872

yhst-77590103967523_2060_0

All songs by Stratos

Instrumental rock-n-roll and ambient soundscapes for the post-apocalypse, complete with zombie themes.

The perfect soundtrack to your Warlands Games.

Track Listing

1 Prelude to Armageddon

2 This is Warlands

3 Snakes on the Playground

4 Alone and On the Run

5 Surviving the Wastes

6 Get da Guzz

7 Cruising the Old 66

8 Monkey Wrenchin'

9 Nomads and Road Runners

10 Escape From Lost Vegas

11 This Cursed Earth

12 The End is Extremely Nigh

13 Zombie Nation

14 The Streets of Despair

15 The Zombies Are Taking Over

16 They're Everywhere!

17 Undead Walking

18 Left Coast Lingo

19 Look to Tomorrow

20 Bailey Records Fanfare / Age of Apocalypse

Total Running Time : 70:52

© 2009 Winged Warrior Publishing (ASCAP) (884502065350) (format: CD-R)

$10.99

Link:

http://store.aberrantgames.com/

I'd rather see they support Rezolution again as I think the rules for Warlands are really lacking. They are way too simple and too much in favour of rammers. Personally, I think Warlands isn't going to be a big hit. It looks like one of those games you might buy, play a couple of times and then disappears in the hoard.

I'd rather see they support Rezolution again as I think the rules for Warlands are really lacking. They are way too simple and too much in favour of rammers. Personally, I think Warlands isn't going to be a big hit. It looks like one of those games you might buy, play a couple of times and then disappears in the hoard.

Not sure about Warlands, but 100% agree with Rez. It hit about the same time as Infinity, and, honestly I think that Rez has a much better ruleset and setting. Infinity had the prettier figs though, so look who won out. :(

I'll agree there, Kel. I really wanted to love Infinity, but I just can't stand the combat and reaction system. Too many interruptions of my stuff leaves me grumpy (but their minis are sweet). I've only given Rezolution a cursory examination, though, as just when I had my mind made up to plunge into a different skirmish experience along comes this steamvichorrorblahblahblah and I've been saving my pennies.

BTW, Wyrd minis look pretty groovy, too. Hopefully your theory will follow along!

Not sure about Warlands, but 100% agree with Rez. It hit about the same time as Infinity, and, honestly I think that Rez has a much better ruleset and setting. Infinity had the prettier figs though, so look who won out. :(

I don't think Infinity beat out Rez because they had the prettier figures. I think the folks at Aberrant dropped the ball more than anything.

I played Rez from the get go and Aberrant regularly shot themselves in the foot. Releases were constantly late, the quality of the miniatures (production/ casting wise) was often mediocre to poor (lots of flash and seam lines) and they suddenly decided to redesign one whole faction after a little more than a year after game release.

The rules were okay/ middle of the road, but with each new mini they released, the rules got more broken and broken. And in the end (still going on today) Aberrant is insistant that they have not forgotten about Rez, but if memory serves, they only released 4-5 miniatures for the game in 2008.

IMO, even if they start releaseing new Rez stuff, I think they have all but killed themselves.

I worry that they will do the same thing with Warlands. The game was originally slated for a November release, then pushed back to February (when they had their limited 250 box release) and has just now been released into wide spread circulation. I would like to see the game suceed, but I will not be holding my breathe.

That too, but I still wonder how things would have gone if Rez's initial release (also got into it at the beginning) had the chops to compete with Infinity. Would they have needed to redesign/reinvent things like they did? Seemed like once Infinity caught on they were in a constant state of catchup. Shame, Simon's a great guy and I hope Warlands does great for them.

That too, but I still wonder how things would have gone if Rez's initial release (also got into it at the beginning) had the chops to compete with Infinity. Would they have needed to redesign/reinvent things like they did? Seemed like once Infinity caught on they were in a constant state of catchup. Shame, Simon's a great guy and I hope Warlands does great for them.

Personally, I picked Rez over Infinity, cause I liked the mini's/ rules better. Yes, Infinity has beautiful mini's, but I liked Rez's simple cyberpunk feel, over the Ghost in the Shell- esque feel of Infinity.

I supported Aberrant very strongly in my area and got a number of people into the game. Heck, at one point we had a gaming group of 10+ people meeting every other week to play Rez.

The problem is that the company let us down. I too have met Simon and he (and the others from Aberrant) are all really good people. But, IMO, they dropped the ball with the game when they felt it necessary to redo the CSO minis and then very slowly released other new minis. Instead of supporting all the factions some what regularly, they started with new books and released the Vatacina (which were insanely broken).

Anywho, rant over. We are talking about Warlands here. I wish Aberrant well with the game. I would love to see a successful car based game hit the market again. I just fear that the game will disappear, much like Rez. With the limited number of minis and the slow release of the initial game, I fear that Aberrant has gotten themselves in over their heads again.

But at the same time, I wish them luck. They are good folks and I hope they prove my fears wrong.