Gencon 2009 plans

goblyn13

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are horrible, I'm so sad. I'm going to go write about this in my livejournal. :P

Well Iso, we love you but certainly don't respect you! It's ok though. You will learn to come to terms with this at some point in the far distant future. Nursing homes are good places to come to terms with your lot in life I hear.

Got my taxes done today (oh yay) and was a bit surprised at how much I got back.

So, I've asked for the time off (and it's been approved) and I'll have the amount that I budgeted myself for GenCon. So far, it's looking good for me making it this year.

Now, just need to get my car looked at to make sure it'll be okay for the trip, buy my badge (when they go on sale) and book a motel.

• 3 weeks later...

Just another reminder that Miniatures Hobby Events is looking for people who want to give classes (all hobby related subjects are welcome!), AND we're looking for volunteers to help us out, a few hours or more than a few hours. Could be badges, hotel, other stuff in it for you...

Let Skya know if you're after some info!

Next year PM. I'm bandying an idea about with the other Thralls on doing some basing and mini terrain demos.

None of us have prep time this year though. (Canceled our 2009 contest because of that! :( )

:( Hopefully it works out next year, it would be great to have some more terrain stuff.

Alcohol on me if you do! A fully painted force is worth one drink each. Of your choice! Get um done!

(So if you finish all of them what is that? 5? This could hurt!)

I'll be happy if i can get Lilith and her Nephilim and Pandora and her lil' brats done. That said, after finifhing those, I'm looking at getting Rasputina and her Golem.

So just 3 would do.

so i got a hotel at the Indianapolis Marriott East & Conference Center, anyone looking for a place to stay and split the cost?

EDIT: Its from Wednesday night (8/12) and over until monday morning(8/17) (giving time for whatever goes on on sunday night)

Edited by goblyn13
adding more info

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'll be going again this year, last year was my first. Had a great time, and enjoyed meeting Eric and Nathan, who I had a lengthy chat with about distribution and stuff into Canada.

I've got my badge and hotel booked, just gotta nab my plane ticket. Sadly I missed out on a , now prices are back in the $600seat sale where it would have only cost me $375, and now prices are back in the $600 range.

I'll be running some Hell Dorado demos, and then a tournament on Saturday. This will be through the TableTop Gamers group, so we should hopefully have a nice big space like last year, and we'll be holding some Open Gaming. Bring and play whatever you want.

I was just reading today that air fares are expected to fluctuate quite a bit over the next few months with the economic situation, so you might have another chance to jump on some good fares. In the past I'd heard that it was better to buy in the same fiscal quarter, so closer to the flight date, but I don't know if that's true in uncertain economic times.