New Star Trek movie

Hinton

Bit poor after all that loveliness, but just to return to whatever happened to the Klingons, IIRC the new type were first seen in the Motion Picture - so whatever happened would have been before then in the timeline....

Just saying ... back to the ladies!

They explained in Season 4 of Enterprise.

See episodes:

Episodes 4-6 for some of the information

Episodes 15&16 for the magic of the disease and how and why it came about.

Cheers! So it was explained? Enterprise is the only Trek series where I haven't seen every episode (well, except for a handfull of TNG episodes) - again, no reflection upon Enterprise, but a reflection upon my not having a TV and no longer working in an indie videoshop (Voyager and DS9 for free - woohoo!).

Why'd they have to go and 'explain' anything. I swear, gamers are the hardest bunch of folks out there to please.

I'm a Star Trek fan (albeit not so much of the television nonsense lately - hey, ratings are slipping, let's bring in some Borg, hey, that's not helping, let's dork with the time line stories) and ultimately this is another star trek movie regardless of what people are and aren't expecting I'll catch it. I'm always interested in seeing different takes on characters by different artists.

Hell, I remember how up in arms people were when they did the Sherlock Holmes comedy Without a Clue. It was an interesting take on the characters, with Watson being the smart one. If this is half as entertaining as it looks - damn canon - I'll be happy.

Why'd they have to go and 'explain' anything. I swear, gamers are the hardest bunch of folks out there to please.

We really aren't that hard to please. Just give us perfection and we are happy. That really isn't too high of an order.

Although, given your formatting and grammatical prowess, I am sure that that is something you will never achieve. Just give up now. We won't notice. :D

Back to some earlier points, about the Kirk character and how they felt he had to be defined again. I can see how it's done to attract a new audience and such, BUT, wouldn't it have been in their best interest to rather create an awesome movie which drew kids in, but also left some other issues undefined so people would have to go back in and watch all the other star treks for more info?

just random thought :)

Back to some earlier points, about the Kirk character and how they felt he had to be defined again. I can see how it's done to attract a new audience and such, BUT, wouldn't it have been in their best interest to rather create an awesome movie which drew kids in, but also left some other issues undefined so people would have to go back in and watch all the other star treks for more info?

just random thought :)

Do you write Sci-Fi scripts in your spare time? If not maybe you should think about it! Apart from the fact that it's lovely to have people discover some of the old series, you would think that in the time of the credit crunch the makers would want to hook newcomers into buying all of the old DVDs? I guess they missed a money-making trick there!

Do you write Sci-Fi scripts in your spare time? If not maybe you should think about it! Apart from the fact that it's lovely to have people discover some of the old series, you would think that in the time of the credit crunch the makers would want to hook newcomers into buying all of the old DVDs? I guess they missed a money-making trick there!

That owuld only work if Paramount wasn't in it to rip off the Star Trek consumer. Of all the DVDs on TV, the Star Trek's are some of the most expensive DVDs here in the US. Where almost every other program can be purchased on a per season basis fro around $25-30, Paramount seems to think just because its Star Trek, that it can charge $69-99 a season. A total rip-off