Sola mk II

Ritual

img48b033c843a4d.jpg

This is my second version of this lovely little (just above 20 mm tall) miniature from Hasslefree. I've wanted to do a second one ever since I finished my first version some two years ago. This time I used more colour and real metal paint. I'm quite happy with how it came out, and I'm really happy with the base work. I used some plastic H-beam strips and photo-etched barbed wire attached to the end of a cocktail stick. Pretty simple, really, but I really like the atmosphere. I introduced some of the colours of the miniature to the ground work as well, to get the colours to harmonise better. It's not extremely apparent, but it really works. Anyway, I hope you will like it!

CMON link

Hee hee you say H I say I beam.............:P:

anyways lovely work again Anders .. Like the braver colours you've gone for compared to MKI and the fact that at every angle she is just a pleasure to look at...

The only thing niggling me and I don't really know why is the goggles.. as I say not sure what it is but there's something picking at me.. Might be just me though still awesome and inspiring work as always..

Okay yeah... it might be called I beam... Think I've heard H beam, though, but that might be another profile?

About the goggles... It might just be that the style of the goggles is a bit more cartoony than the style of the rest of the mini. I'm not sure really how I would paint the goggles otherwise, and still have them look like bright, reflective glass.

Okay yeah... it might be called I beam... Think I've heard H beam, though, but that might be another profile?

About the goggles... It might just be that the style of the goggles is a bit more cartoony than the style of the rest of the mini. I'm not sure really how I would paint the goggles otherwise, and still have them look like bright, reflective glass.

That could be it .... maybe it could be more tying with just greys rather than the blue .. It doesn't take away from the piece at all though chief just a taste thing I think....