Hoooboy .... GenCon!

Bexley, sorry I missed you when you stopped by the booth! Nathan later told me he introduced you to me, but with everything going on it just never registered until he mentioned it later. Would have been fun to chat a little!

There's always next year. Truthfully, I had about as much time for chatting as you did, so we're both guilty on this one. GenCon was much busier for me as well- last year was my first, and I think at my company they go easy the first year since you have no idea what you're getting into. This year I was truck crew, so I was hardly in the booth at all, and mostly running back and forth between the convention hall and the marshalling yard getting more product off the trucks, or between those two places and the UPS hub picking up stuff we shipped or picking up the stuff that UPS lost. When I wasn't quickly trying to learn games I'd never played to cover for volunteers who weren't able to make it down to Indy to run events in the event hall. Or throwing out my back. (Or nursing a hangover. ;) )

FF: Hope the kids like Descent. I figure if they give you grief for not bringing them back anything, handing them a forty pound box full of little monsters and bits ought to go over well.

Always next year, that's for sure! This year was good, but we've already got so many ideas for next year, it's going to be fun and exciting to make it happen! With the game released and hopefully a ton of new minis, the booth should be even more crazy! :D

Going with an even bigger booth next year with multiple demo tables running?

:D

No promises, but yeah, that's what we're discussing at the moment. A few 2x2 demo tables for folks to get in on, probably a couple of folks up in the miniature demo gaming area (which I still didn't get a chance to see this year) and of course all the craziness that goes along with it.

Me, I don't want to think or discuss it right now, I'm too tired to think after this last one. :D

I have to say that it was enjoyable meeting everybody at the Wyrd booth at Gencon while we ran demos and answered questions about the game and minis.

It was good to put a face with all of the forum names. I am sure that I met many more people that I never made the association with their forum names.

I'm only available if suitable bribes are offered, it's only worth the risk because of the profit. ;-> I hope you enjoyed the one we picked out.

It was fantastic. I had planned on getting loaded that night, as well as sharing it with a few coworkers, who were all very intrigued- apparently I'm the first person there to swap games for hooch. I poured myself a glass and it was amazingly good. Just the right amount of rye bitterness, and very smooth, despite being 100 proof. I decided to save it and hoard it, as it was much more the kind of whiskey you have with a big steak or as a nightcap after a particularly crappy day, and not the kind you drink half of in one go just to get hammered.

It's a shame that alcohol is illegal to mail and expensive to ship, because I'd certainly be willing to trade future releases for more hard-to-find liquor. There aren't many small batch distilleries in this part of the country.

Glad to hear the clerk didn't steer me wrong. I wish the mail thing wasn't illegal also, as I'd be happy to do another exchange for Battlestar Galatica when it comes in. I think my hubby feels a little like he let down our game group by not being able to snag one of the GC copies.

I wish I could have had more time to meet more forumites, too, but one day was all I had and it was very full. Not overloaded like last year, though, so it was less stressful and I had a great time seeing some old friends and making some new ones - Jubilee, Eastman and others. Wren, it was great to see you, again, and thank you for the feedback and encouragement on my (somewhat dated) pieces. Dragonforge, you rock, man. If I've left anyone out, I apologize; I probably missed the connection of name and face.

All in all, it was a great time. I'm already looking forward to next year and a return to 4-day attendance. In the meantime, this year's classes, demos, displays and chats have me pushing some other things aside to make some time back at the painting table. More, soon!