A horrible ogre

Dancecommander

ok york gw, is running a painting comp, im entering my ogre tyrant, currently he is about 90% done, and he needs something to finish him off, any comments will be greatly recieved. the black, needs some finess, the armour is painted rusty, its hard to tell from the pictures, the flash is doing odd things to some of the colours , although on these the club looks bent for some reason, im rubbish at taking pictures

ab.jpg

aa.jpg

Its hard to see from these pics .. any chance you can take some without flash against a plain background.......my biggest thing from what I can see is thatthe pants need dirtying a touch and the armour/chainmail areas need a little something doing to break them up...

The tattoo and the conversion are great .. real nasty ogre look to him... if you can try for the better pics and I will try help further.....

Really liking the freehand you have going on, very nice. Like dh said though, one of the first things that catches my attention is the armor, I know you said you were going for a rust type effect and it may just be the pictures but I think the armor could dfinitely use a little more definition or possibly the addition of a secondary mettalic shade to break things up a bit.

Nothing horrible about the paintjob, although I wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley!

Great work, I especially love the weapons and the tattooed freehand- Jabberwocky hit the nail on the head though, a thin glaze should help tie them into the flesh more.

I think the flesh could also possibly be brought up a bit lighter with another highlight or two, to help define the muscley/flab areas a little more, although this may just be my personal preference.

Good luck in the competition, and remember to keep us up to date with how you get on and more photo's.

ok thanks for all the help here are some updated pics, they are still not the best, as unfortunately, it is night so I cant get good lighting ( im also rubbish with cameras), the tattoos have had a wash, and the flesh has had a touch up, also changed the weapon binding. And the armour has been changeda touch too, though it is more noticible in real life, well tell me what you think

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

oh if i finish this in time, its going on the slate slab

a5.jpg