Alice in wonderland

Hi everyone, this is the finished Alice in Wonderland commision I've been working on recently. Fantastic piece of kit to work with and paint. I really liked doing the colourfull bit's for a change and painting the centipede (which I had been dreading) was really fun. Photobucket has reduced the image size slightly, but I took some closeups too. I think that well painted eyes really add something to a piece, so I tried very hard to do that with the red puffy eyes of the centipde (with dillipidated pupils), Alices blue eyes, and the White rabbits "red" eyes. I am really pleased with how this came out and I tink it's one of my best pieced to date, I will be sad to part with it lol. The kit is from Andrea miniatures, and is in 54mm. I'd love to hear what you all think of it, good or bad. Especially what you think of the centipede's blue coat (especially what you think, Ritual, EricJ and Nathan:tongue1:)

FinishedAliceinwonderlandpiece.jpg

ALICEINWONDERLANDWIP1.jpg

P1010272.jpgP1010273.jpg

Eek the closeups are unforgivng

Squig

Very nicely done, an impressive piece of work. And I wholeheartedly agree with you on the eyes, for such small pieces it's amazing the difference the eyes make. I also spend too much time on the eyes on my figues, but it's been my experience in both miniatures and all general fields of art that the little details are what really make a piece come together and really pop. Thanks for sharing.