Bought a new car ....

So, some jerk wads decided around New Years to run into my car while it was in the driveway and stove in the whole backend of the car and drove off, more likely cause they were drunk and afraid I would call the cops. Then of course, there was some trouble that I've been having with this on and off and the engine was starting to go in a bad way, and I could have fixed it, but said 'eff it and drove it till it blew up on me here earlier this week.

I was hoping to eek it out a bit more but so it goes and I decided if I was going to get another one, I was going to get one that I 'liked' vs. need as the last dozen or so years have been dictated that it was a kid hauler in one fashion or another.

So .... I decided to go for an older vehicle and one that I could have fun with, hot rod a bit and putter around on and have some fun by modifying and tweaking over the coming year or so, not that it needs much truth be told.

Picked up a 1979 El Camino SS with a 350 small block and a lot of other tweaks an fun stuff under the hood. Ooooh, and my does she growl and roar when you start her up ... instant sexual attraction.

I think I hit my mid life crisis a bit early btw, and the wife hates it, but ... she's mine ... allll mine.

i-3.jpg

i-2.jpg

i-4.jpg

i-5.jpg

i-6.jpg

i-1.jpg

Ooooh, didn't take into consideration the supernatural critter hunting .... wonder if my insurance will cover that ...

:AR15firin:hypnotize :rip:

Thanks though folks, its funny, I haven't owned a car that I've really wanted in a long, long time and I'm as giddy as a could be about having it. Needless to say I feel a road trip coming up when the weather is a bit nicer.

Can ya'll believe my wife called that a 'girlie car'? I think she was just trying to bait me but ...

:twitch: :loco::squint:

Now why is it ya'll go hillbilly on me! Sheesh ... so I talk with an accent and watch Hee-Haw and go noodling, that's nothing to string a man up about!

Have to admit I'm really having a lot of fun with this one as its my first real 'head turner' car which is nice, particularly when the engine is going cause it sounds like a real beast and I'm half tempted to go ahead and record it and play it back here. Naturally the neighborhood has figured out who is coming and going when I'm coming back to the house between 2-6am but they'll get over it!

And if someone backs into this one, I swear I'll burn every house until the culprit comes out.

I do have to admit it drinks the gas something fierce, but I think that has more to do with me hot rodding it right now more than anything. When I calm down enough from having to get everywhere 'now and loud' it'll be better. Heh.

Hah, yeah you don't see many of these overseas and yes, it turns, maybe not on a dime, but I really just wanted her to go fast in 'one way'!

And I believe that is a K&N now that you've mentioned it, though I find my head under the hood a bit more the last couple days just figuring out all what is in there and what I'm going to change out. For instance, the engine isn't just a 350, its a 350HO (waggles eyebrows ..).

Also playing around right now with chroming out the engine which will be a touch spendy, but would definitely be fun.