Allan C's Demonette available.

matty1001

errrrrrrrrr....not overkeen on the ace it's what is putting me off the Elf..too much of the joker about it but that's alan's style..The price is good really I've just paid over £50 a piece for some 54mm Samuari models...I hope they've OK'ed this with GW as that could be a costly buisness for them.. I mean there are an endless variety of routes to take with daemons and daemonettes but this is A slaanesh Daemonette and I'm sure in some shape or form GW wil have it protected ....I have the other big Daemon on the way depending on the quality I may be tempted by this but the face is really putting me off.

Be curious the see how long GW's IP police allows this one to stay for sale.

GW invented demons???

Seriously, we all know what inspired Allan, but he did put a little effort in reinterpriting the theme, there is no GW iconography, and it's not branded under the name demonette. I'm usually one of the first to say that there's been some IP steaing on such and such mini, but I think GW's going to have a hard time on this one.

Plus, the fact that this doesn't compete with GWs own products, this being a 54 mm mini... I don't think they will make the effort in this case as, like Cédric said, they have very little to build a case on.

I like this sculpt immensely (and ordered one yesterday)! I like the sneering face (gives it an unusual character) and the pose doesn't bother me at all on a display piece like this.

Yeah I think looking at it the most important part is as you say he hasn't used the Slaanesh or Chaos Icons...I think the pose is fine as Anders says especially for a display piece.. I'm just not a big fan on the face.,.. But then again that may be me seeing it as a GW daemonette and not it's own thing....overall it is nice...

Ugh what an ugly sculpt...don't like the face, pose, proportions and some of the body features. And this really qualifies as a Daemonette ripoff IMO...it has exactly the same claw, hair, shoulder pad, leg armour and feet! The only difference is the size and the fact that it's more nude.

Of course it's a rip-off in the sense that it's obviously a demonette... But, it doesn't contain anything in particular that GW can claim ownership on as it has no GW iconography or trademarked stuff in it, nor is it sculpted after any GW illustrations. It's a female demon with certain features that GW, although having used the same features themselves, can not claim ownership of. I think this falls in the same category as Game Zone's stuff, or Black Hat's stuff... and that stuff is still around.

Of course it's a rip-off in the sense that it's obviously a demonette... But, it doesn't contain anything in particular that GW can claim ownership on as it has no GW iconography or trademarked stuff in it, nor is it sculpted after any GW illustrations. It's a female demon with certain features that GW, although having used the same features themselves, can not claim ownership of. I think this falls in the same category as Game Zone's stuff, or Black Hat's stuff... and that stuff is still around.

Yeah I agree there ..I mean Gamezone and more recently inch high are producing almost GW clone a likes and fair play to em if they can get away with it and they sell for them...

I really hope they do get on OK with it as I'm sure there will be some fantastc stuff produced..The worrying thing is GW's tendency to go for the smaller production in terms of IP defence rather than big companies...bullies:vb_devil:

Anyways the new Daemonettes are out next year from GW and they look different so all is good in the world.

Taste differs, I think it looks absolutely great. :) I can see nothing wrong with the proportions either except for the obvius enlonged limbs. The face is beautiful, full of character and expression. And if we're talking deamonettes and slaanesh.. androgynity is not a bad idea. Even if I personally wouldn't say she looks very masculine. The paintjob looks maybe even better then the first one, more contrast and character. And that one was one of the best minis I've seen in my life.