Gd 2007

DrEvilmonki

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

ok so obviously got pretty side tracked by life this year and this guy sat on my shelf untouched. SO this will be the start of my 2008 campaign.

I am going to alternate between this guy and my children in need project.

Since I started up again I tweaked the face a bit brighter to hopefully draw it into focus a bit more. I have done the pants trying to get a worn leather feel.

Just got to finish his backpack.

Sorry picture quality ain't the best (no light set up at the moment.

Body-finished1.jpg

body-finished2.jpg

Looking good! There's plenty of good stuff here that I really like, the strong expressive face for instance. The photos are, as you say, not the best and I would like to see better photos before giving you advice as I really can't say what is due to the washed out photos and what is due to the paintjob. But, I really like where this is going in general!

• 1 month later...

I really like the overall feel of this guy..here's a couple of things hitting me at first inspection going from the photos so you could be a better judge in the flesh....

The red on the dynamite sticks looks a little flat..Maye add a touch of elf flesh to the highlight and do some very very thin glazes with Dark Angels green to the lower shadowed surfaces ......

The white spot highlights particularly on the grots knuckles stand out a little too muc and distract from the look a bit... maybe blend them in a little more with some of the base skin colour and the white...minor issue that might not be there in the flesh but in the bottom pic my eye keeps getting drawn to the knuckles...

The goggles face power claw and the NMM are all awesome..he NMM weathering is also fantastic bravo sir...

The rucksack looks a little flat maybe deepening the shadows with thinned glazes of Brown and purple or green ill help there ..Just to provide a it more interest and add a bit of depth to te shadows.

Lastly the pars where the flesh joins the mechanics.. nicely done but looks a little fresh.. maybe add some purple mixed with the lightest geen and feather it around the edges of the red toward the orks skin to add a litte bruising types effect will help there...

Oveall this is a lovely looking Orky and oe of those models I keep promising myself I wil paint one day..

great job.

Thanks for the comments, one of the reasons I hadn't based him was just in case I had some input like that. The ruck sack especially needs tweaking now that you mention it and I agree with the wounds. Actually I think I agree with everything you wrote there.

Mainly my issue was I started this guy a LONG time ago I started rushing a bit as I got closer to finishing him. Oh well only four more to go!

I know that feeling only too well...I'm just finishing off some long standing on thesidelines models..It's amazing how subtle differences in your painting styles develop to completely hange how yu started a job...I think th stage yor at now is a stage where a lot of peple count as done..I do it myself a lotwhen ebaying.. It's taking a sto and going back and tweaking areas now thatmakes the difference betwen good and great... I look forward toseeing how the rest go...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am calling this guy done. Their are still bits I am not happy with but overall I think this is a step up for me (don't know if you agree but I am satisfied with the result).

I am actually looking forward to painting the rest of the squad now. I will need to take a new front on pic before I put it into my gallery I think.

front600.jpg

Back-300.jpg

right300.jpg

left300.jpg