Heros

EricJ

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, the end of the episode was pretty awesome. Are we sure the younger brother really does have the flying ability, or is it that he can take on the abilities of those around him, and he's just noticed flying because he's only been around his brother. The reason he didn't freeze when Hiro stops time, is because he has that ability also when Hiro is around...thoughts

I do think the theory that the mom has taken on the fathers half is a good one.

And we have another semi-anti-hero with the cheerleader being a bit loose on "heroly morals" as well. But we did also get the clue that keeping her alive is key to keeping the city from exploding...

Wait. I missed that part. Keeping her alive is key? What told you that?

I am pretty sure the younger brother is sort of a supers-chameleon. He mimics the powers around him. Unlike a similar comic book character though, he doesn't seem to steal them, only copy them.

This makes him much more interesting than he started out.

The brother on the other hand is much less interesting.

Speaking of which, which one did he mean when Daddy said "just take the one."?

Alrighty, just watched in on NBC.com myself and have to say, although I did a bit of skipping to get through the yackity-yack parts, this is definitly turning out to be a most interesting show.

Invicible girl - hah, love how she decided to take things in her own hands with the rapist, that was just flat out great!

Messed up Mom - now that one still has me curious just exactly what is going on here. I figure her husband and her have merged somehow, so most likely it is him with the powers and not her - shes just sort of like the carrier I figure. That being said, alternative mom kicks some ass and isn't afraid to jump in bed with a guy, which kind of throws that whole merge bit, but hey ... different strokes.

Cop guy, curious what is going to happen to him, I'm thinking he's going to be out and about running around again just without a clue as to what has happened. The guy that is taking out all the other mutants is pretty interesting too at this point.

Artist - liked they way they manifested his powers.

Little Brother - I like the new slant on him actually and the whole chameleon thing is pretty interesting as well, just taking on the powers of the others while he is around them. I'm predicting this will get to be damned interesting, and probably pivotal when it involves Sylar.

Big Brother - Meh - fall off a building already.

Hiro - HAH! Loving it, particularly there at the end where he pops back, speaking english, ditched the geek look and carrying a katana and really looking the 'Hero' part now. Also very interesting that he told Little Brother that he looks different without the scar. So just how far into the future is Hiro from as scars usually take a bit to come into properly even if it is just a moment to create them.

Oh, and something tells me that little girl that Sylar was trying to get ahold of in the last episode is a mutant as well and he was after her when he showed up at her house, not her parents and a random murdering. Might be wrong there though ...

Well, if anybody missed the last two episodes, they'll be on again this coming Sunday at 9 and 10 pm (EST), so you can catch them then, or just re-watch them, if you think you missed some subtle clue the first time. :D

Personally, the Japanese guy is my favorite, but then again, I might be biased about that, but he's certainly the most entertaining. Poor Hiro, getting punched in the face without even knowing why.... :(

Heros is on at a bad time for me too, 9pm is when I'm usually putting my little girl to bed, which involves reading a couple of stories. But I do use this ancient archaic device called a VCR and record it that way. ;)

So I had a though, if this is all set to build to a season 1 climax...what would they do in season 2, once all the heros and villans know each other...does it then turn into typical superhero stereotype plots? Just doesn't seem like the format the show is in right now is made to last more than 1 season?

I have been watching this since the first episode, and so far, I'm hooked. I try not to think ahead or guess what's going to happen when I watch something, whether it's TV or a movie, but some things I can't help but figure out sometimes.

Cheerleader - I like her power, and I liked how the branch still stuck in her head kinda left her frozen, unable to heal. I'm interested in finding out exactly how "Save the girl, save the world" is going to work out.

Cop - nice ability, I guess, although I can see them going down the typcial road of him hearing everyone at once and going nuts not being able to tune them OUT, rather than being able to tune IN when concentrating like he can do now. Blah. Hope they don't do that.

Brothers - Feh. They're just not interesting, though I did like the new turn on the younger brother having the sort of X-Men Rogue ability. I agree, I could see this becoming a pivotal point.

Artist - I personally like his ability. I'm into ESP and I'm an artist myself. Heh. And I dig how they showed him being in a trance with his eyes glowing white. VERY curious how he winds up with his head sliced in half and his brain missing.

The Mom - I believe she's actually not a hero. No powers at all. Just a plain old case of split personality disorder and her alter ego happens to be a psychotic personality. THAT is why the cheerleader's dad told his silent partner to leave her and just take the flying politician when they showed those two in bed asleep. Is that guy going to "erase" the politician's powers? Erase his memories? Just read his mind? Dunno...

Sylar - I think he's a combo of everyone's powers. Could be why all the heroes need to convene - each one of their powers will be needed to defeat him. How Sylar got his powers, whether he steals them from his victims or was born with them, I'm still pondering.

Hiro the Hero - He's just plain cool. Who wouldn't love to mess around with time? He is definitely the comic relief of the show. Gotta keep him. Love him showing up with the new look and speaking English.

Dr. Suresh - I like the character itself, but his storyline is going too slow for me. He's motivated, he's not movtivated. Just DO something already. Take a week off and grieve your father properly and move on with the project. His neighbor could definitely be a plant to prod the guy into moving forward. (She's not doing a very good job :eviltongu )

If I've forgotten anyone, must be because they don't interest me. :laugh:

well, a lot of things were clarified...

It is about saving the cheerleader

The younger brother does take on powers of those around him

Hiro is still by far the best character

Silas can errase memories

There is really a husband to the Blonde

It looked like her alter ego does have real powers (shown in the preview of next week)

The cop had a borring episode, other than exploring the possibilities of sex while being able to read someones mind

The older brother can fly, and is quite a sketchy individual

...anything else?