Heros

EricJ

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sylar's powers didn't work in the room because the Haitian was always there when glasses man was, blocking his powers. Then when Eden went in, the Haitian was at Claire's, so she was not protected from his powers.

Actually I don't think the cancelling power is the Haitians. All the other heroes only have one ability so far. The Haitian can wipe peoples memories.

I think the reason Sylar couldn't use his power while in the room was because of the father.

Of course I could be completely wrong.:)

But the Haitian was in the bar when Parkman (the cop) was trying to read minds. When Parkman tried to read his mind, he didn't hear anything and passed out. However, if the Haitian simply cancels out powers by proximity (such as in the police station), then Parkman wouldn't have been able to read the minds of others in the bar.

Of course, the dad could have been there somewhere and it's just an attempt at misdirection to make us think that it's the Haitian with the power to cancel other's powers.

Actually now that I think about it The butler did it!

Yeah I thought about the bar, but the dad was waitng for him when he woke up so I assume he was close by. Of course there is no way of knowing how long the cop was out for so the dad could have arrived later.

It's really just that dual power thing that makes me scratch my chin and go hmmmm?

EDIT: It just occured to me; if the Haitian could quash peoples powers why would he have needed Eden to help with Sylar? He wouldn't need for Sylar to be hypnotized because he wouldn't have been able to fight back anyway.

OK, something just occurred to me.

We know that the powers are genetic in nature, right? We also know that it can be passed to kids as seen with Micah (D.L. and Niki's son). Strange thought, but what if Clair's dad really is her biological father? Perhaps an indiscretion at some time in the past? Just a thought.

ok, I've been thinking on this episode some now, but still don't know quite what to post about it.

With Peter, he's always had some other special ability, as he was dreaming about his brothers car crash when that happened, so having a vision about the future isn't all that unusual. And his absorbtion ability seem very short range, so it'd not make sense he was picking it up from someone as he walked out of the jail.

With Eden, I sort of got a feeling she was the one to go relatively early in the episode, they started leading up to her leaving, even without her dying. I suppose they could have had her just leave, but I have a feeling that somewhere down the line it's important that sylar have absorbed her power for their plot line, so they had to kill her off. Interesting the Jail worked for a while, then suddenly didn't though.

It was confirmed Sylar "understands" powers, and thats how he adds them to his own. They even mentioned genetic changes to make it happen. The odd thing is that at one point he seemed to have the abilities of some of our heros, as he got shot a few times and didn't die, and also then flew off (like 6 episodes back). Anyway, the fact that his powers seem to develop and evolve, so perhaps he managed to "understand" what was blocking his powers over time and changed to avoid it. He did seem "meditative" while in that prison.

Still basically totally bored by the whole Niki/DL plot. Why don't they DO SOMETHING INTERESTING with these characters. It's like a superpowered domestic dispute. There are better stories on COPS sometimes.

PS. I do REALLY like the plot twist with the Haitian. For the whole show so far we've been lead to believe he's nothing more than a pawn of the Dad, but it turns out he has his own goals and motivations. Or maybe they had to develop him since they had to kill off Eden due to the contract dispute...

With Eden, I sort of got a feeling she was the one to go relatively early in the episode, they started leading up to her leaving, even without her dying. I suppose they could have had her just leave, but I have a feeling that somewhere down the line it's important that sylar have absorbed her power for their plot line, so they had to kill her off.

The point was Sylar did not absorb her power. She killed herself so he couldn't.

That's further explained in the on-line comic. I guess he needs the brain intact.

Yeah, they were signaling her demise. They tried to make her less sympathetic by having her suggest murdering Sylar. Then they actually have her attempt to murder Sylar against orders.

ummm, is it bad that I sort of liked her more when she got all hard core on the killing sylar thing, it made me more sad when she died. I guess I just light tough pixxy women :(

I guess I did notice she shot herself, although I sort of wonder why he didn't just stop that with his telekenetic ability.

You know, I rather liked this episode, just finished it up tonight.

The drama between the parents - bleah, whatever. Kill someone, don't kill someone, those two have really gotten uninteresting to me now and its going to take something really big to make them even of the most basic interest to me now I think.

Like the cop - he's trying to actively use his powers now, figure them out, fight through the blocks and he's gotten more interest from me now because of it. I'm curious to see if he's going to manage anything more with his power.

Cheerleader situation I think is rather cool with Dad wiping out the familys minds with the Hatian, apparently more than once with the mother and the Hatian seems to not be happy with the situation. Very interesting twist now seeing him talk, much less making the decisions on his own here. Also seems like he has more than one power, with the ability to blank out a persons mind as well as turn off their powers, or actively block them. Not sure if this is because he's messing with parts of their brains which apparently their powers are connected to or if it is something more.

Isak is cool - like seeing him off the junk and actively using his powers now with a bit of encouragement from Hiro. Oh, and the painting of Hiro facing off against a dinosaur with a sword - loved it! Hiro "I have got to find that sword ...".

Peter I find more and more interesting as well. I wonder if he is starting to get sick because he has so many different powers around him and they are starting to conflict. Hiro, Hatian, Nathan, Cheerleader, Isak, Cop, Sylar, he's been around all of them in the last 24 hours. Also, He seems to also have another power besides cloning powers to that being something involving dreams, though if you've noticed, all of his dreams are different from reality, though close enough to it. I wonder if he becomes the 'burning man' because he inadvertantly takes on the power of the Radiation guy and doesn't have a clue on how to control it where as the other guy has, poorly, but none-the-less, has.

Now someone said something about contract issues with the chick that plays Eden - is that a fact? Curious how they got rid of her actually, but it works rather well, but its odd that her power didn't affect him. It didn't really seem to do all that well either when she confronted him in the woods, I think having the Hatian around actively against him as well must have made it so the two of them could bring him down. Without him this time around, she screwed up.

Overall - good stuff, and really looking forward to the next one which I think will be a good one considering the time between the episodes.

I'm starting to think Clair's dad is the one blocking powers and not the Haitian. Becuase when they captured Sylar, Eden was still able to use her power of suggestion, which of course is easily explainable as the Haitian being able to selective cancel powers, but I think it's more of a field effect, a dead zone for superpowers that's not really controlled. This would explain why dad thought he could protect her from Sylar. Of course though that wouldn't have allowed Nathan to escape when dad had captured him in Vegas. Maybe the technology route is the way for cancelling superpowers.

Regarding the Haitian, I'm starting to think that he may be taking orders from dad's bosses. We know that dad answers to somebody becuase he wasn't allowed to kill Sylar. Either that or he's flat out ignoring dad becuase he thinks Clair should know about her power. The Haitian has most likely seen Isaak's paintings and knows that her power is needed. Which most likely ties into the whole "Save the Cheerleader" bit. She's going to be needed in New York. My guess is to save Peter after he goes critical.

I find the whole Nikki/Jessica interesting as a co-worker and I are obsessed with figuring them out, what causes the switch, who's going to end up in control. Could care less about the whole DL/Nikki domestic dispute other than seeing him foil her latest attempt by phasing out.

I find the whole Nikki/Jessica interesting as a co-worker and I are obsessed with figuring them out, what causes the switch, who's going to end up in control. Could care less about the whole DL/Nikki domestic dispute other than seeing him foil her latest attempt by phasing out.

What causes her to switch from Nikki to Jessica and back is generally some kind of stress or intense emotion. At least, that's usually the case regarding people with Multiple Personality Disorder/Dissociative Identity Disorder (MPD/DID). There could be other factors as well, but it seems to hold true to the usual: Nikki gets in a stressful or dangerous situation and Jessica takes over. Once the stress is relieved or the danger passes or (at times) feeling the intense love for her son, Nikki takes back over.

As for who ends up in control: no idea. My money's on Nikki, though.

Yeah, it sucks.

Play video games, maybe read a book.

Just don't paint any minis for while!

Hmmm, true, I haven't played my Final Fantasy X:2 yet... and there's that new book out by that author I like....

Wait! What's that I hear?.....

Why, it's some minis calling to me from my painting table!

....I'm coming!

:vb_devil:

• 4 weeks later...

So I was watching TV last night and a commercial for Neutrogena face stuff came on. It's just like all their other commercials, young pretty girl splashes goop over unnaturally smooth skin.

Then I notice she looks familiar.

Sure enough, it's Hayden Panettiere.

She's the new covergirl for Neutrogena's advertising.

busy girl.