Heros

EricJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good episode last night.

Micah's attempted escape was a good scene.

I was just thinking...

Peter takes on the powers of anyone he's close to.

Sylar takes on the powers of others by eating their brains (or somehow harvesting them anyway).

So if Peter is near Sylar, does he take on the powers that Sylar has stolen? or does he take only the power to eat brains?

Thinking about it, I wonder... Peter blasted Sylar back with a telekenetic wave when they were fighting. As far as we know he hasn't gotten that anywhere else has he? So he must take on even Sylar's stolen powers.

But wait... When Sylar took on the hearing power he couldn't at first control it (neither could the lady) and got massive headaches.

Peter doesn't seem to have had that problem, or that power.

But then again Peter's control of powers seems to be passive - at least, until last night with Ted - so if he doesn't know he has the powers then they can be dormant.

Maybe, just maybe, I spend too much time thinking about this.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the season finale was last night and they did bring the whole "bomb in New York City" story arc to a close. Kind of.

Definitely some really, really cool moments in this episode; however, I don't want to spoil them for anyone that has't seen it yet.

There are also, unfortunately, a couple of moments that left me feeling a bit flat and one that really left me saying "WTF?? oh, come on!". But that's just my opinion.

So, if you've been following this show at all, go check it out. You can watch the latest episode online over at NBC.

There are also, unfortunately, a couple of moments that left me feeling a bit flat and one that really left me saying "WTF?? oh, come on!". But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I can agree with that. I definately have to go back and rewatch some parts that I missed the first time (good thing I taped it), since I had to deal with some distractions during the show, like a certian 4-year-old deciding she wanted snacks and drinks during key moments.

But there was definately one scene where I wanted to shake the TV and yell "What the....??? NOoooooo.....!"

So who else caught it?

:)

I thought the whole thing was abismal.

The only way it could have ended worse would have been if it had all been a dream.

SPOILER!!!!!!

I mean WTF? Didn't we all wonder a long time ago why Peter didn't just fly off? He absorbs everyone's powers. He even knows Nathan can fly. So what the heck did Nathan have to do that for? Couldn't he just say "Peter, you can do it. Just fly out of range."

And what's with DL? He gets shot and he's near death. One minute he's lying in a pool of blood unconscious, the next he's standing up with his cute family as if nothing's wrong.

And Sylar! Gets the crap beat out of him by Jessica and the now superstrong Peter, gets a sword through his heart, and still manages to crawl away to a "convenient manhole"? And in the end the place is surrounded by cop cars and no one bothers to follow the trail of blood?

How stupic can you get? (though I must admit his desire to be the hero was kinda nice).

On the bright side, I liked every bit with Hiro.

Made me wonder though: how much has the Japanese language changed in the past 400 years? The English language has changed quite a bit and I know I'd have a very hard time surviving in 1670.

One more thing, HRG revealing his name was silly. Not that he did it, but that the background music built up to a crescendo like this was some dramaticl plot point.

SPOILER!

But when Peter was getting his readybrek glow, could e not control his other powers? So Nathan would have had to fly him up, but then he could have just let go, and shot Peter into outer space, haha! That would have been good. The Nathan could have came back down and ruled the WORLD!

Peter should be fine. Yeah, Ted was fine after discharging radiation. Peter not only is likely immune to himself, but he also has the healing power. Peter should be fine. Just from what I've seen in the tabloids, it's Nathan who was considered the dreamy eyecandy for female fans.

Oh. I take it back about Nathan having no hope.

After all, we don't know what Mom's powers are, and a mother will do an awful lot to protect her children.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just get the DVD! they're in order on it. I showed it all to Casey last weekend. Well, we made it through 18 episodes in the long weekend. Just going to finish off the season this weekend...I guess we can say it got her hooked.

Or you could go to blockbuster and just rent the last disk to see the final episodes. They seem to have the disks by the ton there.