Mag Egos Collosal Dragon

Skya

For those who didnt get a chance to see it at GenCon, here is the dragon that Paintminion and I did up together. I was going to list the thing on CMoN and realized that I had no idea how they would balk at the concept of a colaberation piece. Suffice to say either one of us would have gone batty trying to paint it on our own. It was about two feet tall before I went and curved the wings out which honestly I much prefer this way.

If you're interested in larger more detailed pictures check here on my webpage.

Dragon600.jpg

The painting looks cool, but is also hard to see well from the distance. Do you have closeups from the head.

The green looks very nice by the way, almost like a sea dragon (or Cthulhu green).

And how were people barking at CMoN?! What is wrong with painting it together?

I'll see what I can do on the close ups. I've been having some issues getting good close shots on him. I'm used to using the camera in macro mode or for landscapes, not really this in between stuff.

No one was barking at CMoN. I just had no idea how to list it. I suppose Paintminion and I could both list it in our galleries seperately.

It is in fact made of resin. To reshape resin you basicly have to boil a pot of water and then hold the resin in it for about 5 minutes and then reshape slowly. Pulling it in and out of the water as you need to reheat and bend it. Reshaping the wings took about an hour all told.

I did some resin bending a little while back. Just used a hair dryer. Admittedly it was a tad smaller than this piece...

As for CMON, I don't think it'd matter too much whose account you posted under. I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to have a problem. Any bad comments about collaboration pieces is usually with regards to competetive work wher it's considered an unfair advantage and has bad repercussions (you can imagine a sudden upsurge in 'painting teams at Golden Demon etc...)

Edit. Nearly forgot to say, that's a lovely looking piece. The dragon doesn't do much for mke (not a fan of huge models like this) but I appreciate the level of painting and the enormous amount of work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...