NEWS: Darksword Chicks

Great looking, very detailed and life-like, legs and all in proportion. Tough to paint and do them justice, I'll bet. Thankfully, it looks easy enough to hack away or bury the Ginsu'd rabbit. Maybe it's telling us she is very fast with very sharp swords and has no emotional or moral qualms about carving up innocent life like a slab of cranberry jelly at Thanksgiving. I don't know what it says, but I'd surely ditch it. Overall, though, while the poses are a little static, I like them and think they would make good display pieces.

Why spend (I don't think it's a waste) talent on such a subject? Because it sells rather well. Maybe Mr. Meier is picking up where Dennis Mize left off in the cheescake department. Ask Dark Sword, Hasslefree and a bunch of other mini makers & sculptors. Ask the painters who like them & deserve high quality sculpts to work with. Ask the good folks who entered Femme Fatale: Fantasy and/or Simply Scandalous.

Is it me (or possibly the photos) but doesn't the first one seem to have too short legs?

What's wrong with her legs!?!? :mad:

My legs look like that. (Are you calling me unproportional? *shaking fist*) Her torso is just too long.

And I think that's her chocolate Easter Bunny that she's sharing with he rest of her tribe. Yum, chocolate!

Ask Dark Sword, Hasslefree and a bunch of other mini makers & sculptors. Ask the painters who like them & deserve high quality sculpts to work with. Ask the good folks who entered Femme Fatale: Fantasy and/or Simply Scandalous.

I don't need to. The subject matter is a load of cobblers. I don't care how many people like them, this sort of garbage (the imagery, not the sculpts) has been done to death. Kudos to the sculptor, but the concepts are a bunch of chuff.

I don't need to. The subject matter is a load of cobblers. I don't care how many people like them, this sort of garbage (the imagery, not the sculpts) has been done to death. Kudos to the sculptor, but the concepts are a bunch of chuff.

Aren't the Darksword things based on previous art from Elmore and Parkinson? Should they move on to other artists or just quit doing sculpts from their girly art?

Aren't the Darksword things based on previous art from Elmore and Parkinson? Should they move on to other artists or just quit doing sculpts from their girly art?

Yep, all current Dark Sword minis are based on the works of Larry Elmore, Keith Parkinson and Clyde Caldwell.

Wow. Glad we got that cleared up. So, then, since the only relevant opinion is yours, what imagery and concepts do you find acceptable and not 'done to death'?