NEWS:Eastern Front Studios "sea nymph"

Guest Eastern Front Studios

Hi Art-de-Vivre thanks we are going a slightly more animated pose route now.. even if it means more molds..I just wish we could have had her in time for this Fem Fatale competition.

Some bigger pictures of the final would be good, for on the wip I see rome rough spots. I also wonder what the nearly yellow stuff makin up her panties is. I guess it's not just the yellow of the greenstuff, though it looks like it a bit. You need a good mix to get a good casts... almost only yellow doesn't cure well. And fimo is ofcourse normally a big no no

But the fig looks nice.

Cindy yep I was wondering about that yellow also so I emailed Thais to ask what its made of I definitely dont want to have to go the long route and do it in resin first... so I should have a answer pretty quick..I think any small bits that need cleaned up or smoothed isnt a problem for Delbert but im sure he would rather not have to do it.;) thanks again for the insight.

Cindy ok I found out today from Thais today how he did the yellow bit..he used the hardener from the brownstuff pack and the yellow from the blue green should be all good and the white bit and sea shell is magicsculpt he says.

Drake I will have some more cleaner pics later this week he says there are a few rough spots seems.. he says he sits it down for a few days without looking at it and then gos back so its fresh in his mind.. that will be smoothed out and others covered with tentacles so stay tuned:) being his first sculpt for us think he definitely doesnt want to have to fix anything.Hes doing another 2 for us called the Iron maiden and another female version of the antimage more action pose.

I haven't used the yellow-white mix myself before. I'll mix a bit up to see the properties. Magicsculpt however will as far as I understood not withstand vulcanisation like greenstuff. You might want to look into that. But then gain I'm no professor on the matter. I just believe it was something to be avoided for vulcanisation.

Edit: Just searched 1-list sculpting for it. The mentioning of vulcanisating magicsculpt I found says it works in vulcinasation, but the temperature and timeing has to be monitored more closely by the caster. I guess most professional casters are aware of this.

Cindy thanks dear for taking the time to do the experiment for a second review on the yellow and white mix for toughness and the magicsculpt info.

The yellow and white is tested... I see no reason why it should cause trouble in casting as it seems to cure as firm as greenstuff. It is a tad hard to see how well it's mixed while doing that... but mixed well = no problem.