NEWS: New pirate from Freebooter

Ritual

doesn't make me think of Werner's sculpts at all

That's a good thing in my opinion! I like it when artists of all sorts work outside their 'normal area', so to speak. Things become a bit predictable otherwise. I don't think the sculpt looks amateurish at all. The painting is not top notch, though (painted by Franz Sander), but I still think it enhances the character of the sculpt. I like the blue lips, for instance.

Nice for a group, to add flavor as everyone has said.

I don't care for the ridiculously large nose, but that's just my style. I prefer realistic proportioned humans and this guy looks like he's out of a comic book.

The gun I don't think is ridiculously big. Considering the kentucky rifle could be six feet long, and most early European guns were basically smaller, thinner cannon, I think something like this could easily have existed.

I think it's less striking, than his usual sculpts. It's is a ragged, hunched old pirate instead of a stylish young female with a perky pose. The painting enhances the ragged look of the mini, but I think the sculpting seems to be of Werner's usual quality. I'll probably get this some time and I can tell you for sure then, Eric! :tongue2: