Good Movies?

Becca

I want to spend a weekend vegging out to good quality movies. So I was wondering if you all could tell me your favorite movies...then I can grab the ones I haven't seen :D

I would much appreciate it :D it wont be this weekend...maybe next. i want to paint this weekend *gasp!*

Six Degrees of Separation (1993) (Stockard Channing, Will Smith, Donald Sutherland , Ian McKellen) : interesting editing and great screenplay by all the actors (Will Smith's big debut on the silver screen)

The Replacement Killers (1998) (Yun-Fat Chow, Mira Sorvino) : action packed but with a story and Mira has a solid role.

Howl’s Moving Castle : a colorful and nice manga/anime.

Maybe you should tell us what kind of movies you like?

I like any movie but a scary movie. I just dont do those well.

my favorite actors are (in no particular order of hottness;))

~ewan mcgreggor

~matthew broderic (i dont think i spelt that correctly)

~Sam L. Jackson

~kevin spacy

~will smith

@cedric- 6 degrees of seperation...i heard that was good. Did you really like it....plus its got willy smith. a big favorite of mine. theres just nothing like the fresh prince of belleair! :D

Ferris Beaulers Day Off (its a requirement)

Hellboy, Constantine, Bladerunner, Forest Gump (I know, but the music is cool), O' Brother Where Art Though (flippin' hillarious), Wierd Science, Day of the Dead, 28 Days Later ... hrmmm could probably go on but the brain synapsis aren't quite firing this morning.

Legends of the Fall (yeah, it's older, but a re-watch for me)

Serenity

Pirates of the Carribbean (I watched this three times the weekend I bought the DVD)

March of the Penguins (Go ahead and razz me, but I enjoyed it!)

Troy

Pitch Black

Big Fish....

...whoops...the whip is cracking, back to work.

I recently got three animated movies: The last Unicorn, Valhalla and When the Wind blows. I can recommend every single one.

The last Unicorn is pretty well known. It is about a unicorn that one day decides she wants to find out if there are actually more unicorns left. Soon she is captured by a witch, but breaks free with the help of Schmendrick the Magician. They both then try to find out what happened to the unicorns.

There are many interpretations for this one, most about sexuality, but I for one just liked King Haggard. He's delightfully mad :D

Valhalla is about the nordic gods: Two children follow Thor as servants and have quite an adventure when they try to get a little demon called "Quark" back to his home. You'll probably think Quark is cute :D

When the Wind blows is about an elderly couple who live pretty alone in a rural area. They lead their lifes like everybody else until one day they listen to the radio and it is said that a russian missile has been fired. A nuclear war breaks out and they try to survive as good as possible with an unwavering trust in the government. This movie is definitely not for children and it does not have a happy end. If you think you can't stomach it, better not try this one, but it is a very, very good movie.

There are more, but those are the ones I watched recently ;)

Everything by Tim Burton!! :D (...except, maybe, for Beetlejuice... not too fond of that... and Planet of the Apes which is pretty lackluster!)

I actually have lots of movie suggestions, but when I think about it, most are scary, repulsive or something like that! Except for Amelie from Montmartre... If you haven't seen that, do it!! It's a real feel-good film!

The last Unicorn is pretty well known. It is about a unicorn that one day decides she wants to find out if there are actually more unicorns left. Soon she is captured by a witch, but breaks free with the help of Schmendrick the Magician. They both then try to find out what happened to the unicorns.

There are many interpretations for this one, most about sexuality, but I for one just liked King Haggard. He's delightfully mad :D

You forgot to mention it's based on the book by Peter S. Beagle. It follows it very well too, even though the book is always better.

My suggestions;

The Crow- Mmmmm, Brandon Lee.......

The Princess Bride- Best comedy/fantasy EVER!

and an oldie: LadyHawke, starring Rutger Hauer and a young Michelle Pfiffer and a even younger Matthew Broderick. Excellent fantasy about a couple cursed to be "forever together, yet eternally apart". He transforms into a wolf by night and she into a hawk by day. Matthew plays an escaped thief who helps find a way to break the curse.

Be warned, the soundtrack is very dated :crazy:

OK, there's my 2 cents...

:vb_tongue

and an oldie: LadyHawke, starring Rutger Hauer and a young Michelle Pfiffer and a even younger Matthew Broderick. Excellent fantasy about a couple cursed to be "forever together, yet eternally apart". He transforms into a wolf by night and she into a hawk by day. Matthew plays an escaped thief who helps find a way to break the curse.

Be warned, the soundtrack is very dated :crazy:

I used to love that film when I saw it as a kid in the eighties. When it was aired a while back on TV here, I told my girlfriend about it and we started to watch it. The music, however, was so horrible that we couldn't stand it... Too bad on an otherwise good film. :hmpf:

I used to love that film when I saw it as a kid in the eighties. When it was aired a while back on TV here, I told my girlfriend about it and we started to watch it. The music, however, was so horrible that we couldn't stand it... Too bad on an otherwise good film. :hmpf:

Yeah, I have it on DVD, and when the music plays I either just grit my teeth and get through it, or turn down the volume. :D

And of course, my favorite thing in that movie was Goliath, the big, beautiful, black Friesian horse Rutger rode.

:thumb:

you don't like Beetlejuice!? Classic film! :)

Yeah! Geena Davis, Wynnona Ryder, Michael Keaton, one of the Baldwin clones... what's not to love?

:tongue2:

Corpse Bride is simpy fantastic! It's really beautiful, and funny, and a tad morbid! :D If you liked Nightmare before Christmas you'll love Corpse Bride.

I can't wait for this one on DVD, (next week I think!). I was dumb and actually missed it in the theater. I love nightmare before christmas too!