Scibor going into the miniature buisness ..

Nathan Caroland

Oh yeah, he's a very talented individual - can't wait to see what he comes up with. Was following a thread somewhere else though where someone got into his arse about him doing 'presses' or some such. Apparently he carves or does some sort of 'mold' in which he then presses GS and gets his model .. etc. Apparently how he does a lot of his Wood Elf stuff.

Despite that, it takes talent either way to make those presses and to sculpt out those miniature. Can't wait to see them myself.

Scibor definately has his own distinct style, and these are very good.

As for molds/presses, I don't think that detracts from his work, hell, I wouldn't want to sculpt dozens of stupid leaves to stick on the minis either. And if he uses them in any other part of his work, he's skilled enough to disquise it VERY well so everything looks basically unique

I think a large fighting knife or something like that would have been nice, but I have to agree, the sword itself is a bit too larger.

As for the bases Eric, not sure, but I think you can buy those anywhere from major manufacturers. Might be GW copyrights but I don't think so (I'll look later tonight).

Oh don't get me wrong, the shape of it is fantastic, I like the more exotic stuff myself, just needs to be half the size as you say.

As for the bases - nope, don't think GW has license on the bases. Here is a link of a studio that makes and sells them as well (this is one out of twenty I found in about two minutes of looking).

http://www.jeffvalentstudios.com/pnuke/index.php?module=PayPalCart&cid=9

So is there a site we can look at to see these?

I quite like the sword the thief is holding just for the comedy value.

"Stop thief!"

*thief stops, turns around and pulls a gaint mother of a sword from his bag of holding (or somthing). :firedevil

hehehe

Anyway, I also really like the look of the pig/boar...it's so mean And what they should look like.

angle of death

• 1 month later...

Some updates on the Scibor miniatures - he's got some interesting ones, don't like them all, but some of them are comical.

Thief. Has potiential! Not sure if he's planning on doing the base like that or not. My personal dislike is the sword. Some folks will love it, others hate it. Easily enough changed though.

img436e868130d69.jpg

An Orc and his Boar. Like everything except for the orcs face. Just looks off to me.

img436e8760de323.jpg

Dwarf and his Chicken. Puts a new spin on 'chokein your chicken' but this one has me laughing. Dwarf has some serious man boobs going on, but overall, a great miniature. Hope he doesn't cast it with the base, personal preference.

img436e83bee312c.jpg

Midget Mage. Not the real name I'm sure - but I like this one.

img436e808599d32.jpg

They are turning out quite nice, and definatly his minis have his own feel to them. Sometimes however I feel like to some degree he may be doing the mini line in order to justify his other sculpting using press work. Sort of like a "see, I can sculpt"

which isn't a bad thing, since then we get the minis :)

Heh, very well may be right there Eric. I've seen a few forums where his press stuff for auctions has gotten hammered, but he shows here easily enough that he knows how to sculpt very well, and to be honest, I think he was making more in his press stuff for ebay than I was in a month of workin' my arse off at a 'real' job.

Power to him I say!