EricJ's Gallery

EricJ

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from you, I find that hard to believe. Plus it will give us a chance to see a master at work. Get to know how he starts out. and builds up to the finished piece. Nothing wrong with it there are always, bumps in the road. My finished pieces dont even come close to wip that you do, and it probably looks better then what you think. You think? :idea: Please:puppy:

ok, little update, this is where I'm stuck now

The front of the banner read in elvish

"From the waters rises a new hope"

wood-elf-WIP9.jpg

and this is the back completely done, now that the blade on top of the staff is finished :)

wood-elf-WIP10.jpg

feedback would be great! :)

and if you have ideas for a base, it's getting close to that time

thanks!

Oh Eric, That is just beautiful! I also like the idea of standing on a rock outcropping, with waves splashing against the rock. I can't wait for this to go up for auction, I think I will have to bid on him, I won't win, but I will bid. Then I will at least have the honor of at least bidding on one of your minis!

I cant wait to see the finished mini.

Gin

Some very large rivers and rapids that move through forests and woods - might explain it away. Still, perhaps not rough water. At this point though, I would just go with what really catches your interest as to be honest, it is going to sell, and frankly, you're giving it away and won't be able to enjoy it anyhow.

yeah, yesterday I was all motivated to do more, today I'm realizing I'm sort of sick of the damn thing and want to be done so I can move onto some other projects.

Like....

Mini-company display minis

GD entries

all these fun sculpts that really interest me more than the darn wood elves!

so yeah, um, it might just get a little square base with some rocks and leaves :imsorry:

I do want you to know that I did pick up the phone and start dialing some large family members in San Francisco for a small 'visit' Eric.

:D

Yeah, well, me, I'm biased but in the end I would say do whatever catches your attention. If you are just giving it away and are sick and tired of it, toss on some leaves and rocks and call it good. If you want to have at it for a damn sight more, then do something more elaborate. Comes down to personal wants really.

it's true, although I was always going to do a game-base inset into a display base for both :)

oooh, and before Nathan wups me, let me add to my list:

wyrd mini painting competition entry!

oooh, and before Nathan wups me, let me add to my list:

wyrd mini painting competition entry!

I'm gonna mark it on my calendar the day you get a Wyrd contest entry done and entered. I'm more afraid of Ritual at this point. :eviltongu

Let's see a finished elf first! :stoned: