An Oni Rework

Does this mean Story of Suzaku will get reworked before release too? Its abilities don't utilize Rift Markers, but it's main synergy requires removing a flicker to gain burning. So it can only be hired in Asami 1 lists?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Okairo said:

Does this mean Story of Suzaku will get reworked before release too? Its abilities don't utilize Rift Markers, but it's main synergy requires removing a flicker to gain burning. So it can only be hired in Asami 1 lists?

The same action can also remove a condition for the cost, so it's simple enough to, eg, use an Obsidian Oni to attack a friendly Oni model to heal them and give them stunned, then have Suzaku remove the Stunned for the cost instead, if running Shintaku.

I guess, but I'd love to see it say "Remove a Rift Marker or a condition..." instead - given the rework to have Rift markers so easily dropped. Makes it far more likely for Story to what Story is supposed to do without having to attack your own models or waiting for conditions on friendly models.

• Agree 2

I am really liking these Keyword reworks (and the detailed reasoning behind them). In fact, I wouldn't mind having the next book/release cycle be just a collection of Keyword reworks and some new sculpts for the models to accompany the new rules. There are still a lot of old models with rules which feel quite outdated.