Composition Cavalier team Thull

korgal

I'm making this post to see if there are several players who think that the nerf on Kings wall and Watson are too violent and mean that we don't play them.

After discussion with 2 friends who also play Cavalier and following several tests, I realized that Watson and Kings wall are no longer part of the team because their cost/interest ratio following the nerf makes them uninteresting, too expensive compared to the impact on games.

I wanted to push the test with Kings wall but quite honestly, it never does anything during the games because it has no impact on scoring, it can tank but often stays stuck on a point of the map, it has no fun gameplay.

Watson for his part is a good healing support and can be scary with his melee attack, but in fact, he either gets targeted and dies, or he stays in support to heal but doesn't do much else. For this role, you might as well take a guild steward at 6ss.

So, I find that this imbalance forces me to recruit the same figurines all the time (Louisa, Rocketeer, Hex Bow) + Pale Rider. Tell me what you think, I'm interested :)

I've only tried Tull maybe 4 times. Of those I used Watson only once. My experience with the King's Wall was similar to yours. It was completely unimpactful in each of those games. He looks good on paper and should have, in theory, an opportunity to take 3 attacks with his 2/4/6 spread quite often. On the table he just hasn't performed the way you would expect a 9 point tank to preform. He is difficult to remove, by my opponent just ignores him. It seems like he needs something like challenge or take the hit to help him. 

• Thanks 1

I feel Wall might see some play in Raid as he has the stun Daze but I feel his redesign/nerf (while deserved) missed the mark hard. He used to be a protector so the extra shielded triggers mattered. Confident Stance is a very mediocre defensive tech and his Df7, Armor, and Shielded don't mean much as there is basically 0 incentive to attack him.

Watson also deserved a nerf as 7SS was wayyyyyy too cheap but I feel 8 Wds with psuedo HtW for a 9SS frontliner isn't very good so basically you pay 11 for him to have LLC. He still is decent but I feel HtK/9th Wound would make him way more fair.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...