Foundry crew questions

Ravencroft

I’ve got some big games coming up and I’m currently running Mei Feng. My question is this; depending on what the strat/schemes are, which should be a better choice for hiring; Kang or the Porkchop? I can see the use for either, just want to see other opinions. I’m already running the Metal Golem. Also, as a bonus, what is everyone’s opinion on running metal gamin? Thanks.

I think they do different things, so its not a case that you can build a list and just choose between them. 

Personally I prefer workers champion over rage machine, but kang then really needs your crew in a certain area, and with a supply of scrap. It also gives some activation order considerations.

With the new GG out, it might be a case that the pound to dust on the pork chop is very useful because there seems to be more scheme markers out there ( although will need to see how it actually turns out). 

I probably am more likely to run gamin with Kang, both for more scrap, and the chance for increased mobility. ( the pork chop does also like more mobility, but has some more tricks self built in). 

• 2 weeks later...

On a very surface level, Kang's Focus pulse makes you want to bubble and gives some order of activation issues.  Kang is also slower than the Porkchop (wanting to go before the rest of your crew means scrap isn't likely in position to Rail Walk, at least early turns), so overall he's going to fit more into schemes/strats where you're planning to bubble and stay bubbled.  The Porkchop is much faster and drops scrap for friends to us, so he's more your pick for when you need more mobility.

IMHO (without any game time in GG4) for GG4 you'll probably lean Porkchop more often as the ability to gain Fast gives you interact efficiency that you won't have with Kang, and GG4 appears on the surface to favor interact efficiency over killing.

As for the Gamin, I tend to run one to put out two shielded and drop a scrap under my crew to start the turn 1 rail walking, especially if my turn 1 hand doesn't include the ram needed for the Emberling to start off the scrap train.  I also like the extra source of shielded if I'm running Sparks and putting bombs in bellies.