Newsie's "Headline: Secrets Exposed!"

KleverKitsune

Question

According to the Newsie's Tome Trigger on 'Thrown Newspaper':

"Enemy only. Target must take the Interact Action, even if engaged."

My question is whether or not that scheme marker is going to be Nellie's or the enemy's. iirc if I control someone through an Obey they can drop allied scheme markers, but I wasn't sure if this counted since I only force them to do it rather than control it myself.

7 answers to this question

I may be wrong, but I believe that the consensus is that the Interact Action belongs to the Enemy player unless the Enemy model is within 2" of a Friendly model with the Exclusive Interview Ability.

If you look at the Obey Action it specifically states that the target model takes an Action controlled by this model

Nellie 2's Silver Tongue Trigger also says that target model takes an Action controlled by by this model

So in the absence of the phrase "controlled by this model" it makes sense that the Interact Action is forced, but not controlled, by your Newsie.

• Thanks 1

The answer is on pg 26 under Friendly, Enemy, and Control. Markers are friendly to the model/crew that created/dropped them. Who’s controlling the model at the time doesn’t change that

edit: Abilities like Exclusive Interview that allow you to treat the model as friendly while interacting would allow the model to drop an enemy scheme marker

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Anotehr important point to note is that whilst the model is forced to take an interact action, the owner of the model decides what the interact action is going to do. They can choose to remove all scheme markers in base contact if they wish, even if there are no markers in base contact. If they do choose to drop a scheme marker it will be friendly to them, and enemy to Journalists, and they will choose where the marker goes. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TheUnseemlyOne said:

Missed that. Seems slightly at odds with this though. 

86CBFE1B-A4A6-4290-8643-699C68B66301.thumb.jpeg.6868483e41917cc7b9dde739e41ae8bd.jpeg

I think your quote is the default, but there are things in the game that can change it, such as enemy controlling the action and an action specifying you are dropping an enemy marker. 

• Agree 1