Vassal Very Laggy?

Coyotebreaks

Hi,

I keep running into an issue when playin on vessel, where there is a 3 to 4 second for every instruction that make. be it a mouse click flip of card move of a counter anything. It makes the game pretty much unplayable. either due to things taking forever to happen or see much lag that things just go out on control. 

Im pretty sure its not my internet connection as I have fibre to the door an don't encounter any issue playing with xbox online. I do however play vessel from a Mac. 

so im wondering if this is Mac related issue? has anyone else experienced this? are there any fixes that I can try ?

Cheers

1 minute ago, Coyotebreaks said:

ah right, not sure how to find that out. its set at default. but does not say what that is. I will look into this in more detail though .

Thanks for the information 

A quick google for some of the newer macs is 3456x2234.

Depending on your mac, this link may help for changing your resolution:

https://support.apple.com/en-nz/guide/mac-help/mchl86d72b76/mac

I think generally something in the 1900x1000 range is what you're shooting for with Vassal.

On 11/12/2022 at 12:24 PM, Coyotebreaks said:

hmmm, well resolution did not help unfortunately. I also tried upgrading Java , it worked for a minute then started lagging again, really frustrating. 

Make sure the resolution doesn't go above 1920x1080 and you should see a huge improvement. If that doesn't work, can you check how much RAM memory is the process using?

On 11/16/2022 at 8:29 PM, ShinChan said:

Make sure the resolution doesn't go above 1920x1080 and you should see a huge improvement. If that doesn't work, can you check how much RAM memory is the process using?

cool thanks, I had a look at the resolution and it did not help

I have also been on the Vassel forum, someone there said to change the buffer to 1024. I have done this and things seem to have improved, will see how things go....

• Like 1