Mindless Zombie Trick

DeadManTalking

Question

• Load up a mindless zombie with poison 3
  • Kill the zombie
  • It drops a marker for horrendous corpse
  • It drops a marker for dying
  • Recyle Reduce Reuse lets you slap the model back on the table (check with your TO that your meta plays it this way).
  • Mindless zombie is at 0 health so dies again.
  • Drops a marker for horrendous corpse
  • Drops a marker for dying.
  • RRR draws a card.

So is this actually a thing? I understand the idea behind it, but it feels like a major stretch and not rules as intended. If it is though it's a trick I'll have to learn for McMourning2

2 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The part you're quoting there is about Desperate Plot.

You only attach an upgrade if you remove a marker. See text at the top of the upgrade that says it can only be attached if you remove a scrap marker.

So thats all that was referencing. It wasn't about RRR.

Ah - gotcha.

It still counts as removing for the upgrade (just as it would for Blasphamous Ritual, etc.), but it doesn't actually remove anything (so RRR can't work). But yes, RRR is quite the annoying ability with a number of weird interactions and difficult readings. I love it and hate at the same time :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ryoko said:

I think we're going at this the wrong way.  We should instead ask a question about triggering:

When a model with 'Animated Remains/Walking Dead' dies from that ability, does it trigger Insanitary's 'Reduce,Reuse, Recycle'?

More accurately the question would be:

When a model with the ability Animated Remains or The Walking Dead is removed from the table, does RRR trigger? (Bury is a consideration)

That answer depends on if the literal removing of the model is enough to count as removal of a marker (I think it does), or if an explicit wording saying “remove” is needed (a little clunky imo).

10 hours ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

More accurately the question would be:

When a model with the ability Animated Remains or The Walking Dead is removed from the table, does RRR trigger? (Bury is a consideration)

That answer depends on if the literal removing of the model is enough to count as removal of a marker (I think it does), or if an explicit wording saying “remove” is needed (a little clunky imo).

Just note for burying, returning the model is not an option (nothing but an unbury effect can return a buried model to the table).

For the interpretation that you just get a corpse, it would matter though...

Basically if you're playing McMourning in an event, I suggest working with your TO in advance xD

• Like 1