Nexus, LoS and Targeting

Moinetbeard

Question

Hello all, there is probably a simple answer to this but I can't find it in the rulebook. Can Nexus, using Omnipresent influence, draw line of sight from an enemy model with a parasite token and cause that enemy model to attack itself with Hive Strike? (whoops, i meant: draw LoS from an enemy model to the same enemy model)

I know that models cannot target themselves with attack actions, but Nexus wouldn't be attacking itself it would be attacking an enemy model. I guess the question is whether a model can draw LoS to itself - which is what I can't find a resolution to in the rules.

thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

The last sentence of paragraph three in “Targeting” for resolving an action:  “A model may not target itself with an Attack Action.”

Edit:  But that’s irrelevant.  The actually useful quote is

”Models always have line of sight to themselves.”, end of second paragraph in the the Line of Sight rules.

Nexus can attack a model with hive strike whilst using that model to draw line of sight to itself. 

( I'm pretty sure you know that's not the same as making the model attack itself with hive strike, which is what you wrote, but not what you mean. That wouldn't work. So zoraida could obey a model drawing los from itself, but she couldn't make it attack itself from that obey). 

ha yes thank you for understnading what I meant and not what I actually said! - it's a complex keyword that I'm slowly getting my head around perhaps not the best choice for a relatively new player, but the models are lovely. I missed the end of the second paragraph in the LoS rules - which is what is relevant here - thank you both!