Damage reduction from armor

Hipper Hopper Table Toper

Question

The manual says at P.23 under Demage reduction paragraph 2: "Reduction may not decrease the total damage amount below 1 unless otherwise stated..."

Until today I thought Armor do decrease the Damage to zero if it is high enough. The reason for that is the wording "reduce all damage...".

But now I saw the the Incorperal ability which uses the same wording but it says also "...to a minimum of 0".

Now I assume that armor don't decrease the damage to zero.

Am I right?

2 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Hipper Hopper Table Toper said:

The manual says at P.23 under Demage reduction paragraph 2: "Reduction may not decrease the total damage amount below 1 unless otherwise stated..."

Until today I thought Armor do decrease the Damage to zero if it is high enough. The reason for that is the wording "reduce all damage...".

But now I saw the the Incorperal ability which uses the same wording but it says also "...to a minimum of 0".

Now I assume that armor don't decrease the damage to zero.

Am I right?

That is correct, and is why heavy ping damage (1 damage many times) is a good counter to armor!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Yes. The " all damage " in armour is that it is applied to all sources of damage, so attacks, tactical actions, costs, Hazardous and so forth. ( where as incorporeal only applies to damage from attack actions for example). 

But if an ability doesn't state it reduces to 0, then it can't reduce below 1. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1