Summoned minions and schemes

Thunderkat

Question

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Thunderkat said:

Thx I was bit confused from rulebook but found gaining grounds and your reply  . Thanks

What's important to note is that the gaining grounds rules are only if you're playing the gaining grounds format, which is basically the official tournament format. If you're not you can ignore them. Most people do play by the latest gaining grounds by default, but that's why the rule is basically split across two documents.

1 hour ago, Sprixus said:

Can summoned minions can still interact for scheme makers for scoring some schemes?

As Santaclaws mentioned, "On the turn they are Summoned, Summoned models cannot take the Interact Action and are ignored for friendly Schemes and Strategies." - Errata.

So, yes, but not on the turn they're summoned.

Also, that's explicitly for the Interact Action. If a model is able to create/generate/move/change a scheme marker that is NOT an interact (False Claim is the first one I thought of, though I'm not sure if there's a model with False Claim that can be summoned), that's fair game.

11 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

As Santaclaws mentioned, "On the turn they are Summoned, Summoned models cannot take the Interact Action and are ignored for friendly Schemes and Strategies." - Errata.

So, yes, but not on the turn they're summoned.

Also, that's explicitly for the Interact Action. If a model is able to create/generate/move/change a scheme marker that is NOT an interact (False Claim is the first one I thought of, though I'm not sure if there's a model with False Claim that can be summoned), that's fair game.

Some summonable models can drop/create scheme markers on the turn summoned.  A few examples include:

Obsidian Oni - a trigger on their ranged attack drops a scheme in base contact with target.

Akaname - bonus action can drop a scheme marker.

Piglets/Flying Piglets - both drop schemes via their demise (not in their control, but)

A Tengu can make a different model interact on the turn the Tengu is summoned (as long as the targeted model is allowed to interact)

• Thanks 1