Maxine ability effects timing

RiceP.

Question

Screenshot_7.png.d87732632787f9eb9f4abf90b1b35a83.png

Hello everyone, i've been playing a game and this question came up. At what point each portion of the action occurs? Can you discard before suffering damage? Since it says "and" i think that it's simultaneous? In the rulebook, for simultaneous effects,  it says that "player can choose their models with unresolved effects" and choses order of them resolving, so my opponent can discard cards and only then suffer damage, using SS for reduction, placing flipped card on top of discard pile?

Also, i think if i'd declare a trigger, as it is after succeeding, it would happen after initial effect, placing another card on top of opponents discard pile, right?

2 answers to this question

You resolve the action in the order written, so damage will occur before the discarding. You are right about the trigger it will discard another card after the effects of the action.

The only simultaneous effects are when two or more different sources add an effect with the same timing. 

• Thanks 1

There's a relevant FAQ entry which I'll just post here:

4.  Some Actions have listed effects that are two distinct impacts on a model, such as “Target suffers 2/3/4 damage and is Pushed up to 3" in any direction.” Are these two distinct impacts considered separate effects?
a) Yes. In the above instance, these are separate effects that resolve independently. These effects are always resolved one at a time in the order presented in the text. If a model is killed (and removed) from the first of these effects, any following effects (such as being Pushed, discarding cards, etc.) are ignored.

to reinforce the fact that "A and B" effects in actions are sequential.  Remember that the text for applying the results of an action is:

The model performs the Action’s effects, as stated on the card, in the order they are listed. If any of an Action’s effects cannot be resolved, they are ignored.

• Thanks 2