other faction thoughts

50 SS Enforcer

We are discussing the redchapel keyword in the resser forums, they are mainly OOK picks and the keyword is clunky as all hell. Its ICONIC Malifaux and I know for a fact Eric Johns, one of Wyrd's founders, has a soft spot for Seamus. I'd love to see this keyword play IN KEYWORD instead of almost entirely OOK and VERSATILE.  Come help the discussion! 

I think the framing is a little off if I'm honest. I'm not sure it's accurate to say he mainly picks OOK models. Seamus has some decent keyword models, it's just that they don't have a lot of internal synergy with him directly or with each other, and I think, that clunkiness, as you correctly identify, is the biggest issue. That issue, coupled with the fact that some of his iconic high cost model(s?) not being good compounds the issue. Honestly at this point, I think fixing Sybelle would probably quite a good chunk of any complaining about the keyword. I think there is an obvious appetite to bring her and have her work well with the minions in the Keyword. Fixing her, and if they agree with the current VWC interpretation of Bete's rules, calling it out specifically in the next FAQ to make that interpretation generally known, would probably cause a good amount of any issues with the keyword die down. Not every model in a keyword has to be good, but from my general observation, people are more accepting of nameless chaff being off, or bad. They generally like the named characters to actually be worth putting on the table. 

I have 3 different  sybelle models that I rotated in and out 2nd edition. I have many fond memories of using sybelle to win games, especially with cheeky "only sybelle" actions in 2nd. I was able to get it off on key models in crews (support pieces) like the mechanical arachnid before he could give reactivate out to howard or joss. You are right when you say 

1 hour ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

That issue, coupled with the fact that some of his iconic high cost model(s?) not being good compounds the issue. Honestly at this point, I think fixing Sybelle would probably quite a good chunk of any complaining about the keyword. I think there is an obvious appetite to bring her and have her work well with the minions in the Keyword. 

Not every model in a keyword has to be good, but from my general observation, people are more accepting of nameless chaff being off, or bad. They generally like the named characters to actually be worth putting on the table. 

if I recall correctly she could whip Seamus into a gun action too out of his activation, maybe early 2nd did this get fixed I cant remember correctly. Anyways, made a master class model take another action, was worth 12 stones with the upgrade. She is so over costed at 10 now. I'd prefer a rework rather than a stone adjustment honestly.

Edited by 50 SS Enforcer
speeling =P

4 hours ago, 50 SS Enforcer said:

We are discussing the redchapel keyword in the resser forums, they are mainly OOK picks and the keyword is clunky as all hell. Its ICONIC Malifaux and I know for a fact Eric Johns, one of Wyrd's founders, has a soft spot for Seamus. I'd love to see this keyword play IN KEYWORD instead of almost entirely OOK and VERSATILE.  Come help the discussion! 

I agree with the sentiment. Zombie hookers Seamus were the models that pulled me into the game.