Entropy and Regeneration

OhBee86

Question

If two (or more) abilities would happen simultaneously, how is the order of resolution decided? For instance, the Entropy ability reads "Enemy models that start their activation within 3" suffer 1 damage," and Regeneration reads "At the start of this model's activation, it heals X."  Both specify that they trigger at the start of the turn. So if a model with Regeneration and full health starts in the Entropy aura, do they take damage just to heal it, or do they heal (which is ignored) and then take damage?

I seem to recall that in M2E, the active player decided the resolution timing, but I couldn't find that same ruling in the M3E core rulebook.

2 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, OhBee86 said:

If two (or more) abilities would happen simultaneously, how is the order of resolution decided? For instance, the Entropy ability reads "Enemy models that start their activation within 3" suffer 1 damage," and Regeneration reads "At the start of this model's activation, it heals X."  Both specify that they trigger at the start of the turn. So if a model with Regeneration and full health starts in the Entropy aura, do they take damage just to heal it, or do they heal (which is ignored) and then take damage?

I seem to recall that in M2E, the active player decided the resolution timing, but I couldn't find that same ruling in the M3E core rulebook.

You're wanting page 34 of the digital rules (simultaneous effects).

From memory, you do active player then non-active player. In this case, both abilities are affecting the active player's model, so the active player gets to choose which ability happens first. So the model that is healing and taking damage orders the abilities.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

You're wanting page 34 of the digital rules (simultaneous effects).

From memory, you do active player then non-active player. In this case, both abilities are affecting the active player's model, so the active player gets to choose which ability happens first. So the model that is healing and taking damage orders the abilities.

Thank you so much! I don't know how I missed it.

• Like 1