What's up with Hinamatsu and Heavy Metal?

Maogrim

So, this is yet again one of those threads, where  a customer complains about availability of certain boxes...

I got back into Malifaux about 6 months ago, and decided to go with Ten Thunders (Youko, Mei and Jakob). I ordered Hinamatsu from a big German retailer to go with my Youko core box back in the middle of June, and haven't received her yet. Thought it might be a problem with the retailer, so I looked around on Ebay and with on other web stores in Germany (and also Wayland Games) but to no avail!

The same seems to be the case with the Heavy Metal box (Arcanists; Foundry; contains Metal Gamin and Metal Golem).

Are these boxes just not being produced anymore or what's the probem? Waiting almost half a year for what's a pretty key model in Qi & Gong ... just feels bad, man. 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Just got notification that my Hinamatsu is in the mail and should arrive very soon. Today or tomorrow is my guess. I placed the order on the 12th of June originally, so it almost took 7 months. 

That German retailer really needs to rethink their supply chain. 

And the Heavy Metal box is scheduled as a January release by Wyrd, so case closed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

I feel you. I have to wait for about 2-4 months very regularly if I want to order via my FLGS (which I do, of course). I really wish for Blackfire to stock more as distributing is exactly what a distributor's job is about and if you don't stock you can't distribute.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Harlekin said:

I feel you. I have to wait for about 2-4 months very regularly if I want to order via my FLGS (which I do, of course). I really wish for Blackfire to stock more as distributing is exactly what a distributor's job is about and if you don't stock you can't distribute.

Word!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Maogrim said:

Just got notification that my Hinamatsu is in the mail and should arrive very soon. Today or tomorrow is my guess. I placed the order on the 12th of June originally, so it almost took 7 months. 

And the Heavy Metal box is scheduled as a January release by Wyrd, so case closed. 

Can you give link to the German shop? For me might take like week to deliver since I'm near Germany (Czech Republic).

14 minutes ago, fingerzz said:

Can you give link to the German shop? For me might take like week to deliver since I'm near Germany (Czech Republic).

Sure I can:

www.fantasywelt.de/malifaux

But you'll notice that there's lots of stuff they just don't have in stock at the moment. I guess they get their merch from England as well so expect having to wait.