Reading order for fiction (Wyrd Chronicles)

Bathawk

Hello all.

Really getting into the “fluff” of Malifaux. Even my girlfriend likes me reading the stories over the phone when we can’t get together.

However I just discovered the Wyrd Chronicles e-zine.  Apparently a lot was going on in Malifaux that I missed by “just” reading the core books (like the death of Nicodem) however I don’t.know where the chronicles stories “fit” as there is no publishing date I can find. Can anyone tell me what books the magazines are set between? For example how long after the 1st edition Malifaux core book came out was issue #1 release, before rising powers? Ect;

any help is appreciated

• Like 2

Most of the chronicles have something in them that will tell you when they were made, even if its just in the forward, or an advert for the "upcoming" releases. (Or even things like its an obviously Christmas episode based on the front cover)

Most of the stories are separate to the "main" story, although there are some good ones in there to explain some of the things (if I remember rightly, the story why McMorning became a guild master was in there).

There was a period where chronicles was regularly made, I think it was bimonthly, so for most of them there are 6 issues between books.

By putting Chronicles into the forum search engine I can get a lot of the release dates for them. I think the first one was late 2008, although I can't remember if book one was released then or not.

EDIT -at least the first two issues were out while they were still developing the game (so before book 1). Don't know how that effects story timelines.

8 minutes ago, Bathawk said:

Thank you very much! This is a huge help!  But one last question...Does Malifaux "1.5" have any new stories/fluff that wasn't in the original Malifaux 1st edition book?

From what I remember the 1.5 rule book had minor editing to the stories, but otherwise it has the same stories as 1.