Missing Deadmans Hand model

Rory

I was originally going to try to learn to play some time back, during 2nd Edition. I got the second edition starter set. It contained 8 models, 4 each to both 'side'. Then I never got about to learning, or using them. Then with 3e coming out I got a renewed interest.

However, in that starter box set, it appears every model has been given an updated card now EXCEPT: Scion of Black Blood is not listed. I found one other Scion card, but it's not the same mob. Was it simply overlooked, or was it fully eliminated for some reason and not even given a Deadmans Hand?

47 minutes ago, Rory said:

However, in that starter box set, it appears every model has been given an updated card now EXCEPT: Scion of Black Blood is not listed. I found one other Scion card, but it's not the same mob. Was it simply overlooked, or was it fully eliminated for some reason and not even given a Deadmans Hand?

The model got its name changed.  He's now Maurice.

Really.  Seriously.  No idea why the name was changed, but it was.

As an aside using the how to play M2 book you got with the starter models should still teach you a lot about the duels in M3. There are a few changes between the two editions, but the core duel process is still the same. ( I think the biggest error the how to play would have is charge had changed to being 1 action with  a shorter move and 1 attack instead of the longer  move and 2 attacks, but taking 2 actions. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, solkan said:

The model got its name changed.  He's now Maurice.

Really.  Seriously.  No idea why the name was changed, but it was.

HAHAHA oh. my. god. That's amazing. Thank you, I found Maurice. I wonder if there is a Gaston....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

As an aside using the how to play M2 book you got with the starter models should still teach you a lot about the duels in M3. There are a few changes between the two editions, but the core duel process is still the same. ( I think the biggest error the how to play would have is charge had changed to being 1 action with  a shorter move and 1 attack instead of the longer  move and 2 attacks, but taking 2 actions. 

Thankfully I have the PDF and the print version coming soon... so I've been reading up on the 3e rules. I can't wait to test it out this coming weekend. And the rules forum has been quite helpful to me. Cheers!