Interacting through other models/markers and base contact

Angelshard

Question

Just wanted some extra eyes on this. 

Can models that can interact through models or markers score symbols of authority or other strats/schemes that require base contact? 

I'd say no as the rules for base contact are:

Two objects are said to be in base con-tact with each other if their bases are physically touching (edge to edge or overlapping).

As I see it, even if Rasputina places an ice piller in base contact and draws range and line of sight through it she can't score it as it still has to be her own base that's in contact with the marker, not her pillar. 

I'm in doubt about whether she can score the first point of deliver a message, as her range is drawn from the marker and so she counts as being within 1". On the other hand the scheme specifies that the model has be within 1" and her model isn't. 

7 answers to this question

it's not 100% clear tho.

Base contact doesn't seem included as range in the rulebook (check pg 13); so anything that requires base contact (like placing an scheme marker) cannot be done with that reading; however things that only require range should be legal (which includes the first point of Deliver).

This question was also adressed recently in this thread:

two last post of the first page and the second page.

I guess it's something I'll have to discuss with my group and TO. If B2B doesn't work then there's no scheme or strat (except maybe first point in deliver) that can be done through another model, as you can't place or remove scheme markers either. It would be nice to know if it was the designers intent that interact should work or not.

Maybe along the GG1 will come also a FaQ. This question came up not only in the thread Ogid linked (and from you) but also in at least 3 threads (2 in this section and one in the Arcanists Subsection ) during the Open Beta . But they fade out with the closing of the Open Beta Forum . 

So it is a pretty recurrent question. If the devs/mods (I don't know who collects the doubts) had a bit of attention (I'm sure of it) they had probably already spotted the problem.

4 hours ago, Angelshard said:

I guess it's something I'll have to discuss with my group and TO. If B2B doesn't work then there's no scheme or strat (except maybe first point in deliver) that can be done through another model, as you can't place or remove scheme markers either. It would be nice to know if it was the designers intent that interact should work or not.

The B2B won't probably work, if you check the 2 boxes in pg13 with Pandora and Rasputina; there you may see that b2b and range 0'' are 2 different things; also in the text it states:

"Many times a player will need to determine if an object is in range of another. This is referring to the distance between the two objects"

That seems to be excluded; but a FAQ about all this would be great tho.