Sandeep Elemental Guidance

Jordon

I'm wondering what gamin do people generally summon/hire for what purpose? I know that it really depends on the opponents crew and whether a particular gamin is a good counter - or if the opposing crew is a hard counter for a given gamin. Or even what card you have to summon with to determine what options you have.

Ignoring that for a moment. I'm curious what gamin do people use to fill general purposes? Some seem obvious such as wind gamin to run schemes or metal to hold points. However some are less obvious such as ice and fire. Are some gamin a better fit for academics over others? Are there some that you simply would never summon if you can at all help it? 

Also which golems are most people hiring, if any? Given their reliance on external resources such as ice pillars, scrap and pyre markers, which is the easiest to "maintain" with Sandeep? Are people even bothering trying to summon them? 

I typically only hire 1 Wind. Maybe 1 Metal if I know I'll be taking Dig Their Graves, or 1 ice/fire if I'm going for a turn 1 Golem (this is rare though).

My typical summons are Wind on first turn, another Wind second turn, then third turn I usually start pumping out Poison to start pumping out damage.

If the opponent applies pressure you can switch to Poison summons earlier to pump out damage. Get them to Concentrate while in Banasuva's Mantra and you get free damage that doesn't even require a flip.

I rarely summon anything except Wind or Poison. Ice/Fire I only go out of my way to summon if I need something to do interacts in the safety of my backfield, Metal either as an emergency speed bump when a Poison won't suffice or for scoring the second point of Dig Graves. 

The reason I'm so big on Wind Gamin is that they combo with Banasuva's Mantra to generate a bunch of free movement for your crew. You can move your bigger models a startling distance out of activation once you have a few Winds on the board,

If you've got a 13 in hand it can often be a good idea to do a Wind+Fire/Ice double summon just to have additional bodies on the board.

Always hire Kandara, aside from being a great model on her own, her Mantra offers you a potent card draw engine once you've got some extra Elementals on the board. Since summons are Slow and can't Interact their first turn they often have nothing better to do than Concentrate anyway.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 2/28/2020 at 3:24 AM, Jordon said:

I'm wondering what gamin do people generally summon/hire for what purpose? I know that it really depends on the opponents crew and whether a particular gamin is a good counter - or if the opposing crew is a hard counter for a given gamin. Or even what card you have to summon with to determine what options you have.

Ignoring that for a moment. I'm curious what gamin do people use to fill general purposes? Some seem obvious such as wind gamin to run schemes or metal to hold points. However some are less obvious such as ice and fire. Are some gamin a better fit for academics over others? Are there some that you simply would never summon if you can at all help it? 

Also which golems are most people hiring, if any? Given their reliance on external resources such as ice pillars, scrap and pyre markers, which is the easiest to "maintain" with Sandeep? Are people even bothering trying to summon them? 

I'd recommend my sandeep tactica on this forum