Competitive state of the faction

Ogid

1 hour ago, Ezuma said:

Interesting, trying to get my head around Pandora lately and I was struggling to really visualize how to properly use the Sorrows. Good to hear they're not useless, but I wonder how the three ghosts (sorrows/lyssas/aversions) rank up or if there is any consensus there?

Lyssa is not terribly good without something to generate Pillars, either your crew or theirs.

Sorrows are good vs crews that don't have a lot of murder built into them (Nellie, Colette, etc), since they are only 5 wds and at their defense, 2 ap can wipe them out easily enough before they can heal up.

Aversions are the standard I would say.  Yes it's one more stone, but for that you get the built in wp duel which can protect vs melee hitters, and 7 effective wounds means it will take at least 2 ap, usually 3 from 99% of sources.  Also Scatter is a non resist ability to repo your opponent and frightening reminder helps move key models (Candy and Dora) up the table.  Easily worth the extra soulstone even if you lose the stunned bonus ability.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/17/2019 at 1:56 AM, Bisounours said:

These double master lists seem very interesting to me, especially bringing in Pandora to a dreamer crew.

About this bit:

Pandora and Dreamer have a ton of synergy and they can fit in each other crew without problems. Dreamer needs Wp duels to unbury summons and Pandora bring a full barrage of Wp duels to the table, including shockwaves, 6’’ pulse and one with 10’’ range; plus the offensive condition removal. Dreamer bring extra models to the table, great to make Pandora’s bubble even harder to break and to launch throw away disposable summons to annoying models wandering around the bubble. But also his 6 and 7 SS summons go also quite well with Pandora (feed on fear to heal out of all the Wp duels, terrifying/Wp attacks with poltergeist or Poison for Mysery ping damage).

The icing in the cake is the fact that both share a henchman (Carver), Teddy is an honorific woe that works well in that crew thanks to murder baby and Serena is a versatile/Nightmare model so including models working well for both masters isn’t that taxing. Carver in particular is nuts in a double master because can benefice from all the Nightmare support (Adversary, shielded, pushes…) and also get Pandora’s suits and add an extra Mysery aura to give extra damage to Pandora.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, jimr0880 said:

Hi could you explain how the Lucius and angel eyes list synergies please? I don’t see how it works but I’m pretty new to malifaux. Thanks @Daniel Walker

I can help a bit with this.  Angel eyes is a sniper with black blood, so the 2 BBS there in that list can continually sac dagger for corpses off her so long as they can get any mask in hand, focus bombing the crew consistently (which gives Angel a 24" range, possibly with focus on top of that).  With that, 46 can Mimic her rifle and use it as a long range weapon to give him options.  Prior to the recent errata, the mimic'd rifle benefitted from inhuman physiology making him a great sniper.  With the card cycling from Lucius, that crew is designed to keep pumping out focus to Angel and 46 until the BBS eventually grow into a pair of Mature Nephilim and start doing Mature things with Lucius's Issue Command.  Basically it's more or less a hybrid gunline with a high powered melee late game.

• Like 1