Henchman Hardcore Crews

Ludvig

Hey!

Couldn't find a topic when I did a half-assed search. Has anyone had any fun ideas for this format? I just played my first HH game yesterday and had great fun.

I ran the following crew:
Francisco, Santiago, a monster hunter and the effigy.
That left me with some cache to protect Franc. I ended up nearly tabling a Nephilim crew due to a bit too many firing lanes at the center of the table. We played it all sorts of wrong with three leader ap and a six card hand since we didn't have the rules available but fun nonetheless. If you draw a crap hand you can either use a SS or discard the crap for more attacks.

Another idea I had was:
Queeg, Executioner, Mountie and Guard Patrol.
That would allow some decent movement to plonk markers down turn one and hopefully Queeg can force out enemy markers for the executioner to chomp. It's a bit weak on Vendetta and Queeg isn't all that survivable which could turn out to be a slight problem. Hopefully the executioner can handle assassinate and survive but it would probably be very all or nothing. The patrol should have a choice of vendetta targets and will at least be stat five after they've gone so can hopefully put in a point of damage at the right time. It seems possible to get two strat markers out turn one and then focus on killing turn two.

Third Idea: 
Judge, Lone Marshal, two death marshals.
The marshal would be running bomb duty since he's the only one fast enough to get a bomb out turn one. He is hopefully somewhat hard to lock down and can slip off to put another marker down turn two because he will be getting everyone's attention.

More suggestions for lists are very welcome! Would love to see this become a long thread.

22 hours ago, Starrius said:

Been trying to do a pheona cage crew

Thinking

Pheona

Daid

Reporter

And effigy.

I dont know why I feel it might be fun to do

Are you worried about not getting bombs down soon enough or do you rely on killing before the opponent scores their bombs?

Size: 30 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Melissa K.O.R.E.
Hires:
  Mobile Toolkit
  Howard Langston
  Brutal Effigy
    Effigy of Fate

Might even want to put LLC on Howard for added nastiness.

Edit: and another one to celebrate the online crew creator
Size: 30 - Pool: 2
Leader:
  The Judge
Hires:
  Dr. Grimwell
  Brutal Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
  Clockwork Trap

9 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Are you worried about not getting bombs down soon enough or do you rely on killing before the opponent scores their bombs?

I like daid as a control piece she can cause slow and the whole aura of gaining focus if they do a interact, also getting fast when they do a scheme,  also she can draw cards or give me pass makers/destroy hand also she can is within 2 cause them to pick up their own explosives.

pheona I think is a good henchman and she seems to get work done for me and the lures to being them where I need them is useful too,

I like the reporter because they are fast have negatives to be hit so with slows going about can cause ap issues, distracted and stagger on an attack I find very useful

And the effigy is just useful

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Size: 30 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Melissa K.O.R.E.
Hires:
  Mobile Toolkit
  Howard Langston
  Brutal Effigy
    Effigy of Fate

Might even want to put LLC on Howard for added nastiness.

Edit: and another one to celebrate the online crew creator
Size: 30 - Pool: 2
Leader:
  The Judge
Hires:
  Dr. Grimwell
  Brutal Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
  Clockwork Trap

Do replace effects work in HH as summoning cant work?

Replace isn't forbidden.

There are some possible shenanigans that increase the SS worth of the crew (growing nephilims, killing a non-minion near of a Wisp, replace a Terracota with an expensive model or generate SS with the Soulstone miners/Prospectors), use models that will get replaced with a different number of models (mainly Corpyphees because most other replacements require 3 models... maybe Desolation engine + 2 Abominations to create a second desolation enginge after the one dies... if the other 2 abominations are still alive) or models that get replaced for another model to keep the model count after something dies (Coryphees, Desolation Engines, Mounted Guards, DMR...).

Not sure how good/bad are these strategies tho. 

Taking vendetta with a black blood shaman and growing it into a mature turn two sounds fun! You'll need masks in those 4 card hands though. Myranda could probably have fun with it as well, she gets a lot of healing from shifting so could prove difficult to assassinate. The effigy into emissary trick seems solid, it's just so good for vendetta and forces your opponent to go hard for that little bugger.