Starting gremlins

J.haigh

So I picked up malifaux with the new edition, haven't played in a few years and always loved the gremlins, so on a whim and new edition sale picked up sommer and mah ticket boxes

Sommer always appealed to me but Mah with her bush wackers looked awesome, after getting those boxes i went and picked up rooster riders and old cranky still undecided on which master to focus on.

Tricksy has some great keyword models with the foundry guys and roosters, but sommers keyword models don't seem that great, he seems like a master to hire alot of out of keyword models, i love the rooster riders so would want to add them but What models work well with sommer? Bushwackers, tricksy bell, piglets, war pig, Sammy and a few min models look great too. How many soul stones? And how many upgrades?

Pretty much everything in the Tricksy keyword is amazing.  The starter box + Rooster Riders is a pretty reasonable place to start without being too overwhelming, but if you're willing to hunt for 2E plastics, Big Brain Brin and Soul Miners are fantastic pieces also.  Based on what you have, I might suggest something like:

Mah Tucket, 7ss
	-12 cups of coffee
Little Lass
Trixiebelle
Bushwhacker x2
Rooster Rider x2
	-Inferiority Complex x2
Bayou Gremlin x2

Mah has a deceptive mobility in that her Mv stat isn't great and her melee range is "average", but she's normally in the perfect spot to take advantage of scamper, and giving her 12 cups of coffee helps crank it up to 11.  The Rooster Riders with inferiority complex will want to swing wide, putting shots into the enemy crew until they see an opening to rush in and murder whatever is between them and their objective.   Inferiority complex means they'll often have focus available to them, and will *wreck* something that's 6ss or cheaper if they get into melee with it.  I use them as a counter-scheme runner that then goes off to scheme once the enemy scheme runner is dead.

The Bayou gremlins are kind of a flex pick.  The job of these two little idiots is to work as a decoy/ problem solver/ warm body/ sacrificial lamb.  I had the Little Lass follow along behind them using Horrible Hollering to help them stay together.  Give them a run, if you don't like them you can drop the two of them and Mah's upgrade to get another Bushwhacker/Rooster Rider.  (Note:  not sure which Som'er box you got.  If you got the 3e box, just skip the bayou gremlins and go straight for the 3rd whatever)

Tricksy is super easy to make a list,  haven't picked up BB Brin but I got sparks cos he seemed awesome.

Somer on the other hand

I managed to put a list together with him, haven't thought about upgrades or schemes yet

Somer teeth jones

2x skeeters 

Lenny

4x gremlins

Old cranky

3x rooster riders

46ss 

I wasn't sure If It was better to hire gremlins or just summon then and save the points for something else like a drier.

What are other models great with somer? 

my current list for Som'er is:

Som'er 

2x Skeeters 

Lenny Jones

Old Cranky

Greorgy and Olaf

Good Ol' Boy

Rooster Rider

Banjonista

this leaves 8 SS for summoning in what the moment calls for 

If I know I am going super scheme heavy then I switch out the Rooster rider and Georgy and Olaf to 2x Siliruds.  and uping it from 8 to 10 SS fo0r summoning and damage mitigation