Strategy Markers

noob

Question

Hey everyone-I am hoping this is just the end result of a long day at work and a complete lapse of competence on my part because it's embarrassing, as a 5+ year Henchman to have to ask this but here it goes:

What is the size of a M3E Strategy Marker?

I see where it says that the default size of all markers is 30mm unless specifically noted under the marker.  I then looked at the Strategy Markers description and see no change from what is written as default (30mm).  None of the Strategies themselves change the size from 30mm either.

The reason I am confused is I went and was looking at M3E tokens and some vendors are selling the Strategy Markers at 50mm in size.

They're supposed to be 30mm, right?????

Thanks for the help!

noob

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Clement said:

There are some older strategies that used 50mm markers.  The ones you found online were likely holdovers from those.

That's what I'm thinking but I wanted to make sure I wasn't losing it. hahaha

M3E Strategy Markers are 30mm.

Just now, noob said:

That's what I'm thinking but I wanted to make sure I wasn't losing it. hahaha

M3E Strategy Markers are 30mm.

Unless otherwise stated, yes.   It's entirely possible that in some later tournament pack they will release a strategy that calls for 50mm markers, but when that happens it will be specifically labeled as such.

• Agree 1

Just remember that M2E had the same sort of "the default marker size is 30mm" rule that M3E has.

Looking at Gaining Grounds 2018, there are strategies that use 50mm markers (like Guard the Stash) and strategies that use 30mm markers (like Headhunter).  But stuff like Guard the Stash's

Place two 50mm Stash Markers (Ht5, blocking, impassable, hard cover) on the Centerline each 5" on either side of the Center of the board (10" apart from each other).

was common enough that you needed to make sure you had some 50mm markers handy to use for strategy markers.

With four published strategies in the rulebook, M3E just doesn't have any 50mm strategy markers for "official" strategies yet.

• Like 1