duel totals

Valanos

Question

5 answers to this question

That's a great screenshot - it's actually three examples of variant wordings:

Puncture: "...in the final duel total"
Severe Injury: "...in this Action's final duel total"
The Light Inside: "...in this model's final duel total"

Those are all completely synonymous, as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckwheats said:

We had the same question yesterday:

[Puncture: "...in the final duel total"] ... I suggested to my opponent,  that his suits would count as well (I had no useful suit, he did)
[Severe Injury: "...in this Action's final duel total"] ... Same as above
[The Light Inside: "...in this model's final duel total"] .... Here I would say that just the attackers suits count

The local meta finally ruled, that I  each case, just the attackers suits are relevant.

Looking at the rulebook, I thing to get, that such instance of card flipping by such player is a duel (opposed to the whole exchange). So in an opposed duel, my opponents card flipping were his duel under my flipping is mine. Therefor the opponent's suits would never count against the final duel total.

BUT the wording of "in this action's final duel total" and "this model's final duel total" is different enough to suggest there being a difference.

So what is it?

Thanks for the help.

There isn't a difference.

We had the same question yesterday:

[Puncture: "...in the final duel total"] ... I suggested to my opponent,  that his suits would count as well (I had no useful suit, he did)
[Severe Injury: "...in this Action's final duel total"] ... Same as above
[The Light Inside: "...in this model's final duel total"] .... Here I would say that just the attackers suits count

The local meta finally ruled, that I  each case, just the attackers suits are relevant.

Looking at the rulebook, I thing to get, that such instance of card flipping by such player is a duel (opposed to the whole exchange). So in an opposed duel, my opponents card flipping were his duel under my flipping is mine. Therefor the opponent's suits would never count against the final duel total.

BUT the wording of "in this action's final duel total" and "this model's final duel total" is different enough to suggest there being a difference.

So what is it?

Thanks for the help.