The Order Action (Plus a bonus question on Commanders)

TheCSpider

When a PC gives a subordinate an Order (via the Order Action) how many AP does that subordinate receive on their turn?  I cannot see anywhere that indicates this.

My assumption is that they, like every other character (PC or NPC), get 2 AP.  This makes sense with the frequent "Slow if activated on the turn summoned" rules.  This was a source of disagreement between myself and the Fatemaster at a recent game.

In a related question, the Commander's Issue Command talent;  does/is the subordinate taking the (1) AP Action the same as the one that was given the Order action?  Given that this also works if the Firing Line action is taken, I'm inclined to think it can be someone else.

• Like 1

My interpretation is that as long as a Fated has AP to use the Order Action, the subordinate character can act as many times as the player commands them (barring the Slow condition if they were summoned). Otherwise a subordinate character doesn't do anything if the player doesn't order them (Page 310).

As for the related question, I'd have to re-read that section to give an informed opinion.

I haven't had a chance to pick up the Guild book yet, I assume that's where the Commander is.  

2 hours ago, ZeketheKid said:

My interpretation is that as long as a Fated has AP to use the Order Action, the subordinate character can act as many times as the player commands them (barring the Slow condition if they were summoned). Otherwise a subordinate character doesn't do anything if the player doesn't order them (Page 310).

The number of times the Character uses Order to command the Subordinate Character is irrelevant.  The rules on page 293 govern what happens when the Subordinate Character takes its turn as far as the Generate AP step is concerned.

Like you point out, Page 310 says that a Subordinate Character doesn't do anything if the controlling player doesn't order them.  "No matter how many times it receives the (1) Order action a subordinate character can only revive one turn per round."

But the paragraph immediately before that 

When a character takes the (1) Order Action, she issues one or more commands to a single subordinate character under her control.  After the character finishes her turn, the selected subordinate character immediately takes its turn for the round.

The bit about "issues one or more commands" doesn't really have any mechanical impact, because the rules continue on to say

On its turn, the subordinate character is controlled by the Ordering character.  If the Ordering character is a Fated character, the subordinate character flips cards for Challenges ...

so it's mostly just roleplaying (unless the character leaves the area or something) because they're just going to get the regular 2AP turn during combat.  Since Command is just "one or more commands", not specified as being limited.  

But presumably in extreme situations, a Fatemaster would be justified in making the character performing Command test.  I mean, if you Command a colorblind character to "push the red button, not the green button" that's asking for trouble. :)

Edit:

Remember that the core rulebook has stuff like Construct Effeciency:

Alternatively, she may choose to treat the (1) Order Action as a (2) Action when commanding a subordinate Construct. If she does so, the subordinate Construct becomes Fast at the start of its turn. If the character has the ability to command multiple Constructs at once, they each become Fast.

• Like 2