Mirror Match Advice

Defier93

Who/what would you play into this pool in the mirror match? (Likely playing against Perdita or Sonia)

Deployment: Flank

Strat: Ours

Schemes: Guarded Treasure, Take Prisoner, Hold Up Their Forces, Dig Their Graves, Search the Ruins

I just got Nellie so I'd like to try her, but can't think of what to use into those heavy ranged focused Masters. I don't have most of the best Marcs, so may just make an elite crew and push my opponent around to stop him scoring Strat.

Thoughts?

Nellie is a solid pick in Ours! and should handle those schemes well.

Sonnia isn't a fan of big beefy models with armour so something like a Peacekeeper can throw a spanner in her works. As a general rule spreading out and having armour and/or many wounds on most models will mess with Sonnia herself. She can still pick a crew for ignoring armour of course.

Perdita is a bit tricky, to survvive her it's good to have armour and cover at the same time. My favourite picks are McMourning and (neverborn) Lucius. McMourning brings Sebastian who can put up a cover aura and can use his upgrade to hire waldgeists. Lucius in neverborn can use waldgeists to set up cover and use illuminated as missiles or various lures to bring Francisco into comfortable striking range for you to take him out.

Generally Perdita is somehwat less comfortable if you can take out Francisco early so lures are always good. Taking him out usually hurts her both offensively and defensively. I'm not sure what Nellie has to hinder shooting, you might need to out-activate while you are safe turn one and use a beefy mofo that you push up and give fast to try and wreck the hell out of Perdita's list (Francisco first) and put her on the defensive. If she's only doing weak damage she isn't that bad so hard to wound and a big pile of wounds is usually good against her. That being said she is likely deleting a decent model per turn if you give her good shooting angles so keep a close watch on her range and try to prioritise killing family models so she can't push just any way she likes. If she's pushing backwards to escape a 3" engagement turn 2 or is forced to walk closer to strike the model tying her down you have at least controlled who she gets to attack so some of your models can do their stuff in relative peace.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Defier93 said:

Who/what would you play into this pool in the mirror match? (Likely playing against Perdita or Sonia)

Deployment: Flank

Strat: Ours

Schemes: Guarded Treasure, Take Prisoner, Hold Up Their Forces, Dig Their Graves, Search the Ruins

I just got Nellie so I'd like to try her, but can't think of what to use into those heavy ranged focused Masters. I don't have most of the best Marcs, so may just make an elite crew and push my opponent around to stop him scoring Strat.

Thoughts?

I can only talk about Sonnia as I never played with/against Perdita... If he brings the Sonnia list with Grimwell, Loco, Investigator and student of conflict he only needs 3 to 4 activations to nuke you 3 or 4 times so you must prepare for that. In my experience the worst thing for Sonnia is to be engaged and of course far away from Franc, she goes down pretty fast once she is hit (you have to have something alive to hit her though). Good things against her:

- Push the Peacekeeper with propaganda to a good spot, give him fast and then either charge Sonnia or harpoon her to flurry her.

- Ryle, it does not really matter if Sonnia nuke him as you can always ditch a low tome to make him armor 3 (with stones and some cards is 6 damage tops) the problem here is that he can always blast from him as he is df 4(6 with francs el mayor).

- You can expose Nellie herself, if you cheat a weak she can't blast and Nellie can tank some weak damage.

- Given this is flank you willl be really close to each other so probably she can nuke you pretty early... but you are close as well. One thing I really like to do with Nellie is:  make a cheap minion put a marker in base contact with her. In her activation make franc fast and make him place a scheme marker with evidence, then push from the marker with Nellies 0, hot off the presses to somebody (you can do this to Sonnia herself if francs buff is not up yet) then a couple of propagandas to make Franc attack then companion to franc to flurry + hit, 4 to 6 franc swings can kill any model :)

- You can bring a monster hunter to stalk Loco, when he puts his buff and walks you walk then push him with his attack vs WK into his crew and make him explode latter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1