Initiative

skaroreg

So Initiative is not well identified in the rule book. The index only references the multiplayer initiative process and everywhere else it references initiative after the first turn there is no reference to where is is located. We spent probably a good 20 minutes looking through the book trying to find where it was. First myself then my opponent because I figured I was an idiot and was missing something obvious then both of us in our books. 

I eventually stumbled across initiative on a call out box on page 48 (i think) but it should not take that much time to find something so essential to game play. in future updates of the rule book you may want to make this a little more clear.

That being said, if I missed something on finding it please let me know. 

I think it would be useful to point out that the second-to-last page of the rulebook is a “Game Rule Index”.

It shows a listing for “Initiative........ 48, 66”

Page 48 is where the Initative callout Box is.  Page 66 is the multiplayer scenario with its Initiative paragraph.

This isn’t as bad as the hunt for the answer to “Are there any negative effects caused by missing models in a fireteam?”  “Yes, it’s a single unmarked sentence in Penetration Flips.  :( 

Edit:  Ninja’d by matt.