Help: Reva vs Neverborn in squatters

kOOn

Hi

I haven't used Reva for a long time, so I'm not up to date on builds in the new strats/schemes

But I've got a game vs Neverborn and looking at this, I expect Titania.

Deployment: Standard Deployment (5)
Strategy: Squatter's Rights (Tomes)
Schemes: 
  * Eliminate the Leadership (Tomes)
  * Dig Their Graves (2)
  * Set Up (3)
  * Undercover Entourage (5)
  * Vendetta (12)

Titania can be difficult to kill, but her knights can do dig all by themselves.

I used to take the killy upgrades and the extra candle.

Very nice with Bete, which is a must in this setup.

I used to take Asura and the Emissary, but I always felt that both were a pointsink and not really efficient.

Any help on a list will be appreciated.

For Vendetta I usually love Hans, but Belles do a nice job too.

Any hints will be appreciated

BR

Kim

Setup is also pretty trivial with belles. If you take something like three belles and find a suitable target you could potentially setup and vendetta on the same model pretty early. Turn one lure and setup. Turn two vendetta the weaked model by attacking with something that hasn't attacked anything else yet after you softened the target up so that you reveal and score full at the same time.

Philip turns enemy scheme markers into goodies for you if you can keep him alive so could mess with their digging. They can't wcore of the marke placed by the trigger so any model that will die in one more hit will be hard for them to score from if you remove the marker they intended to use.

Reva can ignore reductions and ressers have the no heal aura so taking out Titania shouldn't be impossible either if you can lock her down with something carrying the no heal upgrade.

Get better at the game in general would be my advice.  The notion that Bete is the auto take and that Asura and Emissary are the point sink is backwards.

Vendetta is also a good choice, though it likely means you are playing for 9 instead of 10 points.

Thx @Kbonn that is what I'm trying to.

I'm just realizing that I'm not that gOOd, and trying to get advice to improve my play.

But it is difficult to just instantly know what to bring based on s/s and the opponents faction.

I haven't tried all models in the faction so I'm just looking for advice on what to take in a list.

I didn't mean that both Asura and Emissary was point sinks, just that both of them in the same list felt as too much of an investment.

1 hour ago, Kbonn said:

Vendetta is also a good choice, though it likely means you are playing for 9 instead of 10 points.

I haven't had that experience myself. I don't find it that hard to make sure you get 3 vp from vendetta. Haven't done vendetta with ressers but the belles should really help getting the target to where you want it early in the game. Rva takes it down to where your chosen model oneshots it with a weak and then that model attacks and scores all three points at once. It can go really bad and you end up with 0 vp for it but it's not a max 2 scheme to me.

@kOOn The opposing faction usually matters less than knowing how your models will get the points. Becoming familiar with your own models is key. There are many resources to improve play. Two I founs recently still atick in my mind. One is a youtube film by Alex Schmidt and an article by Larry Mottola that you could try to find. 

I have never played Squatters tbh, but maybe Carrion Emissary with Reva's Conflux wouldn't be a bad thing as he can teleport along the centerline to claim markers? Reva with her mobility can claim two markers per turn by herself, and Doxy and Belle can help removing their long engagement ranges (e.g. Lilitu) from the vicinity of markers. This strategy seems to favour activation control, so again Asura seems not out of place, but you have to use her for something more than just zombie spamming (I suppose that your impression of her being a point sink may come from playing her too cagey).

Thanks all

I managed to kill Titania in turn 2, yielding 3 points, the expected 2 for vendetta and a single for the strat. If I had kept focus I'd gotten one more.

I managed a 6-3 win by walking a candle, killing it, popping out Bete to kill my own Asura denying my opponent 3 points.

She wasn't pleased but took it all with a really good spirit, really good game.

Bete and Reva was my mvp as usual, the board was littered with zombies and corpses as usual.

Still feel that Asura and the emissary it a bit much.

And Reva is just mean when she goes to town. Not sure I really like playing her so I might try Kirai or Molly.

@Ludvig I've listened to all Alex 'Videos', will try to find Larrys article, thanks

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2018 at 11:12 AM, Ludvig said:

I haven't had that experience myself. I don't find it that hard to make sure you get 3 vp from vendetta. Haven't done vendetta with ressers but the belles should really help getting the target to where you want it early in the game. Rva takes it down to where your chosen model oneshots it with a weak and then that model attacks and scores all three points at once. It can go really bad and you end up with 0 vp for it but it's not a max 2 scheme to me.

@kOOn The opposing faction usually matters less than knowing how your models will get the points. Becoming familiar with your own models is key. There are many resources to improve play. Two I founs recently still atick in my mind. One is a youtube film by Alex Schmidt and an article by Larry Mottola that you could try to find. 

I just find that good players can find creative ways to deny you the third point once you reveal you have it.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 9:51 AM, kOOn said:

Thx @Kbonn that is what I'm trying to.

I'm just realizing that I'm not that gOOd, and trying to get advice to improve my play.

But it is difficult to just instantly know what to bring based on s/s and the opponents faction.

I haven't tried all models in the faction so I'm just looking for advice on what to take in a list.

I didn't mean that both Asura and Emissary was point sinks, just that both of them in the same list felt as too much of an investment.

sure thing.  So i have typically found that while expensive, the emissary provides a lot of benefit for his cost.   Ditto asura,  Both of these models can lay down areas where you will be able to place zombies in and advanced location, which can be very threatening when you have reva able to attack through them.   Asura also allows your zombies to make a debuff attack from 10" away from the model they want to debuff, which makes them extra annoying.

3 hours ago, Kbonn said:

I just find that good players can find creative ways to deny you the third point once you reveal you have it.

The trick is to reveal when the model you are trying to kill is one hit from death. Even going so far as attacking other models first so you never reveal it until after you score since the 3vp gain is not reliant on having revealed it. I admit having austringers as a mainly guild player has spoiled me somewhat, Anna Lovelace could do a similar job in ressers but would need a very expensive target. Don't remember all the ressers with non-projectile casts but if any of those are lowish cost they would fit the bill.

On 7/25/2018 at 4:05 PM, bimpi said:

and what was in your crew?

Sorry forgot to answer

Leader: Reva - Cache:(4)

Guises of Death 1ss 

Litany of the Fallen 2ss 

Decaying Aura 2ss 

Asura Roten 8ss 

My Little Helper 1ss 

Bete Noire 8ss 

Carrion Emissary 10ss 

My Little Helper 1ss