first game with kirai

I had my first go with kirai yesterday, which was also my first game with a different master to the one I started with. It was an enjoyable game but I got completely trounced score was 10 - 1. 

we were playing ours for the strategy on corner deployment. which meant that i  had to  spread out quite a bit so could  not keep many things in range for the malovence to work. I had izamu the armour in my list but did not get much use out of him as he was having to stay in a corner. investing all my points into a few models and then  having to keep them in my corners made for a tricky game. So for the most part it felt like I was on the back foot. But really in hind sight I should have  pushed to keep a strong formation in tact really and really concentrated on holding my corners. 

One think that i noticed throughout the game though, my opponent spent allot of time killing my seishins. which meant that my movement shenanigans and other tricks were really hindered. So i reckon I need to find some ways on how to keep them a little safer. 

I was tending to move them forward to set up for a swirl spirits, but they would be killed before the swirl spirits happened. So yes any tips on how to get the most out of these will be appreciated.

but yes on the whole she seems like she is going to be a fun master to play. but is going to take some learning. 

• Like 2

Swirl with a night terror instead of a Seishin perhaps? You can also use terrain so the Seishin isn't visible to the opponent.

Bubble crews can go hard on one flank to hold one of your own zones and overwhelm the opponent in one of theirs. That or take Anna instead of Izamu so you can hang around and shoot at least.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Swirl with a night terror instead of a Seishin perhaps? You can also use terrain so the Seishin isn't visible to the opponent.

Bubble crews can go hard on one flank to hold one of your own zones and overwhelm the opponent in one of theirs. That or take Anna instead of Izamu so you can hang around and shoot at least.

cheer for the pointers, I don't have night terrors or anna yet, but will put them on the list. Need the hanged and possible gaki first though I think. then I need to stop buying models for a bit as this crew has given my wallet a bigger beating then I got last night :) 

• Haha 2

I'd probably second what Ludvig said, really try to claim 2 quarters, the use your summons to decimate a third so you can easily take it. 

For Seishin, maybe try Ectoplasm, that way they count for Malevolence. It doesn't help if you go outside 6",but at least it's something. Make sure you use terrain too, there should be lots of it in Malifaux (and remember Incorporeal ignores terrain!). 

Otherwise yeah, you won't find a harder model to kill for 3ss than a Night Terror! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

I'd probably second what Ludvig said, really try to claim 2 quarters, the use your summons to decimate a third so you can easily take it. 

For Seishin, maybe try Ectoplasm, that way they count for Malevolence. It doesn't help if you go outside 6",but at least it's something. Make sure you use terrain too, there should be lots of it in Malifaux (and remember Incorporeal ignores terrain!). 

Otherwise yeah, you won't find a harder model to kill for 3ss than a Night Terror! 

cool thanks for the advice. ectoplasm seems like it will be a good shout. will certainly give me a bit of breathing room  while i learn the crew 

another game, another valuable lesson learned, don't summon shikome in front of marcus, things don't go well after doing so. and also having kirai taken over by the  opponent to then sacrifice datsu ba while sundering my flesh construct is a little humiliating. 

So bigger lesson learned, Marcus is not on my christmas card list 

by cricky this master is going to take some  learning..... 

• Haha 3