Painting plan, where to start

Paul7926

Hi everyone.

This is a weird question (pun intended) but hey it's a slow day at work and 'faux players and forum members have been very helpful to this noob in the past so I figure why not.

I've stumbled into Ten Thunders after an impulse Tanuki purchase (they are so cool and I got the extra one in the box as well) and picking up a collection from a friend who gave me a price I could not refuse.  So I've got a few models, no idea what they do and I'm actually not going to play them immediately as I'm learning the game with Outcasts at the moment.

So why the post? 

Well I'm going to do my best to give these awesome models a decent paint job.  There is no pressure to get them on the table so I can take my time and hopefully do them justice.  What I need from you devoted TT players is an idea of what to paint.  What, out of my collection, goes with what and where should I start putting a 50ss crew together?  Now I know that a fixed crew is not how 'faux is played but the idea is to get a base crew done first then add to that once I start playing it and figure out what everything does.  The only rules, should you accept this strange challenge, is that it must only be models I have already and it must include the absolutely fabulous Shadow Emissary which is first on the painting list no matter what.  What you come up with doesn't have to be tournament killer list just something that fits together on the table.

So if you're bored, if you have the inclination and fancy helping me out then build me a list for 50ss.

My collection

• Asami Tanaka
  • Amanjaku
  • Ohaguro Bettari
  • 3 Yokai
  • Shenlong
  • Sensei Yu
  • 2 Peasants
  • 3 Monks of High River
  • The Brewmaster
  • Apprentice Wesley
  • Fingers
  • 3 Moon Shinobi
  • 3 Monks of Low River
  • 2 Katanaka Snipers
  • Izamu, the Armor
  • 4 Tanuki
  • Shadow Emissary

Thanks 

This would be my recomendation

·         Asami Tanaka

·         Amanjaku

·         Ohaguro Bettari

·         3 Yokai

·         4 Tanuki

·         3 Monks of Low River - Maybe 1 or 2 max.

·         Shadow Emissary

·         Shenlong

·         Sensei Yu

·         2 Peasants

·         2 Katanaka Snipers

·         3 Monks of Low River  - Maybe 1 or 2 max.

·         Izamu, the Armor – Hes a good beat stick, would work best with Shenlong as he can be pushed.

·         The Brewmaster

·         Apprentice Wesley

·         Fingers

·         3 Moon Shinobi

·         4 Tanuki

·         3 Monks of Low River 

3 Monks of High River – belong with no one, unfortunately still very weak for SS cost

• Like 1

-) paint a shenlong crew first:

emissary -> shenlong -> peasants -> izamu -> bettari -> atleast 1 low river monk, -> 1 katanakas. 

You don't really need to  paint Sensei because emissary.

-) Then the next step could be asami and her crew:

You will need jorogumos for asami. So next models to paint: Asami + totem, Yokai, Jorogumo.

Ama no zaku - yasunori are also great with her and can be good with brewmaster (ama because terrifing and azardous aura, yasunori because is a great target for obey)

Brewmaster likes Sensei Yu, tanuki, moon shinobi.

I suggest to buy anakames (they're oni with many sinergy with brewmaster)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpt Sandwich said:

This would be my recomendation

·         Asami Tanaka

·         Amanjaku

·         Ohaguro Bettari

·         3 Yokai

·         4 Tanuki

·         3 Monks of Low River - Maybe 1 or 2 max.

·         Shenlong

·         Sensei Yu

·         2 Peasants

·         2 Katanaka Snipers

·         3 Monks of Low River  - Maybe 1 or 2 max.

·         Izamu, the Armor – Hes a good beat stick, would work best with Shenlong as he can be pushed.

·         The Brewmaster

·         Apprentice Wesley

·         Fingers

·         3 Moon Shinobi

·         4 Tanuki

·         3 Monks of Low River 

3 Monks of High River – belong with no one, unfortunately still very weak for SS cost

Why so many low river monks? Doesn't 1 cover why you bring them (card draw, condition removal, scheming)? 

Asking as a 10T noob 

3 hours ago, JoeCL said:

Why so many low river monks? Doesn't 1 cover why you bring them (card draw, condition removal, scheming)? 

Asking as a 10T noob 

Don't forget healing, which is half the reason people bring them. If you aren't aware, a 0ss upgrade was released that gives the model it is attached to a :aura10 bubble that gives LRM a 1ap, Rg 6 heal 1/2/3 action.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jinn said:

Don't forget healing, which is half the reason people bring them. If you aren't aware, a 0ss upgrade was released that gives the model it is attached to a :aura10 bubble that gives LRM a 1ap, Rg 6 heal 1/2/3 action.

Forgot about that. I'm convinced 2 low river monks has it's place. 3 I'm still not sure but I see their value.