Who Shall Carry the Blight?

Bazlord_Prime

Alright, Brains Trust! I'd like to see what you all think would be some good Guild models (or Mercs. Or Mimics, even...), to have carry the Blight "Those Who Thirst" weapon that I just got in our campaign :P

For the record:

(1) Blight (Ml 7 / Rst: Df / Rg: :melee2): Target suffers 3 damage, and gains the following Condition for the rest of the game: "Spiraling Oblivion +1: When this model Activates, it suffers +1 damage. When this model is killed, the opposing Crew adds one Soulstone to its Pool."

:crow A Land Tainted: After damaging, place a Scheme Marker base contact with the target.

:crow Laid to Rest: After killing, the target is automatically Finished Off.

Also, in the Campaign is possible to buy the "Change of Station" upgrade for Peons and Minions and making them into Enforcers, so that opens up the field a bit. Have at it!

So to get things started, I was thinking of Bishop.

PRO'S: Bishop has Swift and Flurry, so he can generate up to 4 Attacks. He can choose a suit to add to all his Attacks, so he'd automatically get that :crow when needed. He can choose too attack Df or Wp, so he has the flexibility to take on pretty much anything at Ml 7.

CON'S: He costs 11 stones... :(. He's got no Df tech (Armor, HtK etc), so he'll be a big target. He's slow - Wk 4 (although, Swift). He's already Ml 6 with a bunch of useful triggers anyway, so giving him the Blight weapon isn't the awesomeness it could be.

Yeah, the damage on Blight is crud, but the Soulstone mining & possibility for putting down Scheme Markers is why I like it. (Truth be told, I really wanted the "Covenant" weapon which allows card draw, but nevermind).

Santiago might be a prudent choice. HtK, 9 wounds, :+fate to damage when he's at 4 Wd or less, and a good shooting attack for when he's not engaged.

Do we have anything that can leap, or has agile or a place, to hop around and tag multiple targets with the soul stone harvesting condition? Or did you want a carrier who can guarantee the crows to Finish Off the enemy?

A reporter can guarantee the crow, but she is squishy once activated.

A riotbreaker is survivable and can push away later, but will take forever to get there.

An investigator can push something when the scheme marker drops, but already has a target pinned to his back.

Of the henchmen I would only sacrifice Dashel’s own melee attack to that weapon (Francisco can flurry, but his own sword is Ml7). How many other guardsmen are you bringing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

Do we have anything that can leap, or has agile or a place, to hop around and tag multiple targets with the soul stone harvesting condition? Or did you want a carrier who can guarantee the crows to Finish Off the enemy?

I could hire in the Strongarm Suit with it's own ability to just jump out of combat. He was high on the shortlist already. Pneumatic Legs is a Campaign Skill upgrade as well, but it's costly, add I'm not guaranteed to get it. 

I'm not at all worried about the Finished Off trigger tho. Tagging targets sounds like a fun idea - the Riflemen etc can then help kill those targets and make them pay out.

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

A reporter can guarantee the crow, but she is squishy once activated.

A riotbreaker is survivable and can push away later, but will take forever to get there.

An investigator can push something when the scheme marker drops, but already has a target pinned to his back.

Of the henchmen I would only sacrifice Dashel’s own melee attack to that weapon (Francisco can flurry, but his own sword is Ml7). How many other guardsmen are you bringing?

Reporter might work, but you say, she's squishy. Could give her a Campaign Skill upgrade for Hard to Wound tho.

Hadn't thought about the Riotbreaker, actually. Df4 sucks, but Armor +2 is good. There's not a lot of Armor-ignoring going round the group just yet (well - I mean I have a few pieces... :D The speed might not be such an issue, as I might be able to buy it with the DMR, to be unburied amongst the enemy lives of I can snipe one to death with Riflemen. Otherwise, Master Queeg can generate up to 3 Pushes per Activation, to allow the Riotbreaker 12" of free pushes. That could be interesting...

Dashel. Sigh... I want to have his AP mean something, but as I'm going for a Guardsmen list, he's kinda key to staying back with the Riflemen - midfield at best. He does tend to get smoked every game tho, as the other players all know his death severely lessens the Riflemen. Other Guardsmen I have are listed a couple of posts above, and I was thinking about Dade being an interesting synergy piece as well.

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Hard to wound is a pretty crap defense if you have less than 7 wounds in my opinion.

That's the opinion of the Schemes & Stones guys as well. I'd agree that it doesn't really seem to provide a lot of resilience. It's not like giving a negative to the Attack flip, which gives you a chance of making it whiff altogether.

The Brutal Effigy actually strikes me as a possibility. Armour, HtK, Finish the Job - and not too slow. No native Ml attack either. 4 Wds just isn't enough to make me feel comfortable, tho. He'd have to go flanking, I think. 

And then the Watcher becomes a similar option. Flight 6" & Armour means it might be able to surprise some scheme runners, and do some good work on the flanks.

3 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Maybe get a sanctioned spell caster to give Dashel’s AP something to do. 8”+10” elemental bolt beats the range on his summon, nice though that is.

I've actually been looking for a reason to include the Spellcaster, as her (0) to prevent friendlies being lured would be a hard fix to one of my biggest issues - Dashel getting lured away and isolated.